Big

I just sighed for the umpteenth time as the nurse changed my wound.

"All OK?" She asked me.

"Yea, I am. Its just, I'm not used to being in the hospital. When can I leave?"

She laughed at me. "You must be the only one dying to go back to work when you got a break even though its not the kind you want."

I just smiled as I laid back in my bed. It was 9am the next day and Kinn had left around 6am when I woke up. I had showered with the help of the male nurses and was getting my dressing changed.

"I have no family. So to me, my colleagues are my family and being away from me them is making me antsy."

She smiled sadly at me but didn't say anything. She wrapped it up and was about to leave when she turned to look at me.

"I'm not so sure about that. I feel like your boss is your family. Don't you agree?"

I blushed full on at that and just shook my head. She laughed at me and left. I just watched TV, the boys called me and we were chatting and I hung up around 12 when lunch was served. The door opened and I expected the nurse to walk in with the boring hospital food when Kinn came in.

I was stunned when I saw him. He laid out my favorite noodles and an iced tea. I looked at him questionably.

"I was around the area so thought of getting you lunch and also settle the paperwork for the stay."

I didn't reply. I just nodded. He prodded me to eat and disappeared. I started on my food when the nurse came in with my medicines.

"I see he delivered. No wonder he told me to skip lunch service for you today when he left in the morning. Have your meds after that ok?"

I nodded. "Is there any more paperwork to be completed for the hospital stay? Let me know ok. He went out to do it but please don't bother him with it."

"Paperwork? Everything has been settled yesterday itself and the bills too. He did it. What are you on about?"

"He just left, saying he has some paperwork to settle?"

"That's him just being shy. He's just sitting outside."

I looked at her for the longest period, her words flying around in my head. "Do I call him in?"

I nodded my head at her softly after the longest period. She smiled.

I don't know what she told him but he came in, worried as fuck. But when he saw I was ok, he knew the nurse had messed with him. He just looked at me as I finished my food and I looked up at him, finally muttering "Thank you."

Kinn jsut nodded his head and I looked towards the sofa. He just smiled very minutely and sat down, taking his laptop out. No words were said the entire time but he sat down, accompanying me as I got through my meds, a nap and some tests. I came back around 5pm post my x rays and MRI and he was still there. He was just laying out some food on the table when I was wheeled in. He looked at the nurse who filled him in on how the tests went. He nodded his head.

I finally sat down and had a drink of water. He looked at me and he asked, "How do you feel? Do you want anything else?"

I shook my head, not wanting to speak lest my voice gave it away but all of this care and attention was making me vulnerable and I couldn't decide if I liked it or it unsettled me.