Kinn

I spoke to my dad who said the rival gang leader had called me. He wanted to see me in person.

I went to meet him in his chamber. "What went wrong?"

"He insulted Big. So I had to give it to him."

"Look, I know you are upset but you need to pick your battles. He only insulted him. He didn't hurt him or anything. This fellow you smashed the glass against isn't some small fry. And now he's out for your blood. Between my son and the hired help, who do you think I will pick?!"

"Look. You have your way of seeing things. So do I. To me, the people that work for me are also important. I am not going to forgo them."

"Are you sleeping with him!? Because the last time you fought for someone was Porsche. And we all know how that ended."

"Can you please don't insult either one of us?! Even if we were, we aren't doing it for convenience. I am not sleeping with him. But if you want to know, I will. Happy?!"

"Kinn!"

I turned and walked away, slamming the the door in the process. The only problem was, Big was outside and he heard everything. My father, the asshole had called for him too. Just as I walked out, Big nodded to me and walked in.

I stayed in my room watching the cctv but once he left my dad's chamber, I texted him. He came over.

"Don't listen to my father. Whatever he says."

"I have to. If I want to continue working here."

"What do you mean?"

"I have been reassigned. To Vegas. I be joining them with effect from tomorrow."

"What?"

"It's just work Sir. I have to. Its the only way. Or else I have to leave. And my contract states i have to move out of town or country and avoid contact for 3 years."

I stared at him dumbfounded. And then I heard him say, "I don't want to do that. So I rather be reassigned."

I kept quiet, I was so angry at my father. Big nodded at me and left. Just as he closed the door, I turned and started smashing everything in my room!

Big must have heard for he came rushing right in and was stunned to see me holding the broken vase pieces in my hand and so tightly, it was cutting my hands and causing it to bleed.

"Drop it."

I dropped it but continued just wrecking havoc. "Fuck sake, stop it!" Big screamed at me, turning me and slapping me. What the... I just deflected and sat down on the floor, amidst the broken mess.

Ken had rushed in too but seeing me and Big there, he just closed the door on us, locking it from outside. Big just watched me for a bit before getting down to me and just holding my hand.

"Get up, and away from this mess please."

I shook my head no, just continuing to sit there and just hold the broken glass pieces. At that point, I felt as broken as the pieces in my hand. It was as if I wasn't worth anything and I had to always be these fragmented pieces.

Big just watched me before gently pulling me away. He took me to the ensuite bathroom, washed my hands and applied some medicine to it.

I watched as he did of it quietly and finally he just cupped my face, looking me dead in the eyes. He brought my face closer to him and kissed my forehead softly.

"It's not the end of the world. He's your father. He will still pick you over me. Or anyone else for that matter. I'm not even upset. I rather be reassigned and know I can see you than be away from you completely."

I sighed deeply. He had a point. I was just feeling angry. Upset. Disappointed. I didn't know how to place my emotions. I just knew it tore me apart and I had completely behaved like an idiot.

Big just brought me back to my room, cleaned it up whilst I sat on the couch and finally he opened the door to throw away the rubbish only to come face to face with my dad.

My father just looked at us, he saw my bandaged hand, the room that was stripped of all fragile furnishings and the rubbish bag that Big was holding and he knew what had happened.

Big just nodded at him, went off to throw the rubbish and never came back. My dad came in.

"Can we talk?"

"Yes?"

"You are my son. You are still important to me. I chose who is important to me."

"I know."

"You can still see him sometimes. It's best this way till the issue dies or it gets resolved."

I nodded. I just looked at my hand, picking at the bandage. "Ask him to stay over and report tomorrow at 7am. I want him to keep an eye on you till then."

I looked at my dad in surprise. I didn't say anything, tried to mask my facial expression. My dad just looked at me and then called Big. 2 minutes later, he was at my room and my dad left.

Big looked at me and he closed the door, sighing.

"I did tell you I'm like a child."

"Come here."

I walked over to Big and he hugged me tightly. Thats when, I finally let down my tears. I was so exhausted. So so done.