Chapter One

The moon was at its peak, its outline shone like a diamond, beaming diamond-bright light on little earthlings like a loving and caring mother. Winds whistled around as they drifted with them the special scent of wet soil mixed with fresh aromatic flowers. The rain had just seized from falling and yet, a series of stars had already aligned in the sky—beautifully and magically. There was nothing more wonderful than a summer night—but Aliyah Santos doesn't concur with that statement as she glared at her father's riches from her balcony above.

Tears had stained her cheeks and she looked sad yet happy. From the balcony, she could see the worker's lounge her father had given to the African-American family; the Ramons as a charitable act. The Ramons worked for them ever since Aliyah was five; Mr. Ramon had a son, James. He once had a daughter also, Mel, but no one dared to talk about her after her mysterious disappearance.

The melodious tone coming up from the worker's lounge placed Aliyah in a nostalgic state. Someone was strumming their guitar, and they were playing a tone which resembled Ed Sheeran's song; perfect. Aliyah's mind sang along with the tone, lyrics by lyrics—rhythm by rhythm, it was as if the tone was a painkiller, numbing her inner pain. The gentle wind started blowing a little bit harsh, signifying another wave of rain was coming; the tone stopped and Aliyah's pain resumed, as the rain started showering, she evacuated immediately.

The rain was her long-last enemy since her tenth birthday, which she spent in a Bangladeshi hospital after narrowly surviving a calamitous plane crash. She was comatose for five consecutive months. After she had woken up, she started experiencing what she was ashamed of.

The temporary amnesia.

The rain and her signed a lifetime hating contract. She can never dance in the rain like most of the abnormal yet normal people do, if she does she'll have a partial memory loss; she'll forget everything she had done for a week. She and her family always tried their best to save her from rain, but it wasn't just enough. She can't keep ignoring her dearest friend forever.

* * *

Prestige High Academia's parking lot was always crowded with expensive vehicles; from the Sporty SUVs to the Rolls Royce and black shining Porsche, not to talk of the colorful fashionable mini trucks—the vehicles weren't for the teachers, they belonged to the students. Rich high schoolers. In a school for elites, expensive cars are the least fascinating things around. Prestige High Academia is a highschool for rich kids, billionaires' children, famous movie stars' kids and teen actors. The school also had a fully paid scholarship program, so the middle class children could get in by applying for a scholarship and passing the entrance exam with flying colors.

Amongst the vehicles, the most attractive one was the black limousine, it called the students' attention towards it as it drove inside the school. Two students came down from the vehicle as it pulled over. The whole students glared at the senior who just stepped out of the car, the girls had imaginary hearts floating around their heads.

His dark skin tone sparked as the morning sun shone on it. The gentle wind blew his long rough hair and most of it were covering his eyes. Tucking some part of his fallen hair back to their right position made him look hotter than fire. His ripped jeans and his leather jacket told his rock star lifestyle.

Aliyah came out from the right side of the car—an emotionless expression was glued to her face; her floral hijab (headscarf) danced with the air as her dusty Mexican skin glimmered. Her baggy maroon cardigan and long white baggy pants were perfected with her Nike sneakers.