Chapter Twenty-Six

"Clarissa has no bad intentions towards you, she's sorry for everything she'd done to you." Haniya's sympathetic voice broke Aliyah from her trance.

She never expected for things to be normal after her episode. She even went to school that day and remembered everything she'd done. No one can mess with her no more. But one thing was sure making her gloomy—Mr. Umbrella and Gossip Gurl. Since she literally saw the two of them that night and now she's regaining her memories: still she couldn't remember what they looked like. Maybe that was her punishment from Allah for being a bad daughter and sister. The least she could do to save herself from thinking to death was going to Jeremy's Café with her newly made friends; Haniya and Luna.

Plus, staying home won't do her any good. James was there always and the guilt of her dishonesty towards him still burns. She remembered her confession vividly, every detail, even what she felt saying it. The indescribable feeling of self contentment enveloped her. She was glad to get drench and it didn't work. Everything she'd done didn't work.

Even buying Clarissa's silence by running with her went downhill. Clarissa was a bitch. She broke the promise they both agreed on after using Aliyah to get to the top, she must pay dearly. In another perspective, Clarissa might already be paying for being a bitch; she'd lost the most special thing in her life—Milo.

"And who are you supposed to be? Attorney Harrington?" Aliyah said with a slight frown which made Luna burst out a very contagious laughter, spilling out the milkshake she was sipping.

Haniya gave Luna a frank look and she swallowed her laughter instantly. "You've gotta trust me, she's changed."

"I thought so too, I really did," Aliyah said, expressing the fact that she was betrayed through her voice.

"Aliyah, I know how you feel—" Luna began, she was an excellent person to speak. Since she and Clarissa behaved identically. She broke the USB drive just to save her own butt and Clarissa took Aliyah's picture to blackmail her; they both did what they did for a selfish reason, but the fact that Clarissa forgave her easily was a mystery she was yet to discover. "—I know Clarissa is a bully, she's a brat, she's a bitch but she's not a snitch or a betrayer. The only thing she's guilty of doing is hooking up with Bilal which she owned. Clarissa didn't give your picture to GG, she showed me her Insta, you've got to trust her."

Those words went straight into Aliyah's heart, everything was making sense now. Gossip Gurl was also in that hallway with them that day. She took their picture also. Everything that was happening was a part of Gossip Gurl's schedule to ruin the good relationship she had with Clarissa. They were jealous seeing both of them happy. Who could that be?

Aliyah had no clue.

"Even if she didn't tip Gossip Gurl, that doesn't change the fact that she blackmailed me and insulted my father." Aliyah said, second-guessing the forgiveness she was about to grant Clarissa.

"Everyone sure deserves a second chance," Luna said with a convincing look.

Second chance? That was the last chance she gave Clarissa and she threw it away. She has no chances to waste on Clarissa: she'd run out of chances once she blackmailed Aliyah.

"Sometimes people don't get third chance,"

Haniya smiled, "third time's the charm." She reminded.

Aliyah nodded in support of what Haniya said, "you're right great Harrington, maybe if I box Clarissa's face I can give her the second chance you so yearned for."

"That might happen," Haniya said, running her fingers against each other like a psychopath nerd.

"Huh?" Both Aliyah and Luna chorused. "So you mean I'll get the chance to beat her up for free?" Aliyah's sarcasm transformed her frown into a smile.