Chapter Twenty-Two

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" The school's spectators cheered the angry Hispanic bullfighter and the Chinese bull on.

The two girls were facing each other with hatred, no one dared to break the intensifying silence—only what could be heard was the students' entertainment-thirsty voices. Clarissa was tired yet ready to take Aliyah down, Aliyah was not perfect in martial arts but she was ready to Jackie Chan Clarissa's butt. Daphne stood in between them, trying to split them off before any teachers could find out a free wrestling tournament was about to begin in the hallway; they weren't going to leave each without blood, at least a scar or scratch.

"Do you have a death wish?" Aliyah whispered, trying to wake Clarissa's inner demons with her sharp tongue. Her eyes burned differently, there was no remorse in them, agita was the only thing present inside them.

Clarissa ignored Aliyah, she knew what Aliyah was trying to do. She was playing smart: waiting for her to start the fight and giving her low punishment. She bent to pick up the books Aliyah had already knocked down.

Feeling vexed, Aliyah yanked off Clarissa's hair pin and flung it on the lockers. Clarissa's black hair fell down to her shoulders, "you promised not to leaked that pic and you did after everything I did for you; I even have to run for a stupid thing with a nincompoop," Aliyah began, looking down at Clarissa who was searching for her precious hairpin on the floor.

"The staff are having a meeting so it'll take them seven more minutes before they're done. Let's set things straight, betrayer." Aliyah declared.

That did it for Clarissa, she stopped her search party and stood up, showing her own broken and agitated side. "Aliyah, trust me if I wanted to bring you down I would have done that earlier. Besides, my picture was also attached to it too. Why do you behave like the world revolves around you? People also got hurt from GG's recent lies; you're not the only person going through pain, stop being selfish."

"You didn't just say that," Aliyah broke the good distance between them, "I'm nothing close to selfish, I always did everything to please you, despite you blackmailing me, I ran with you. I know why people hate you now Clarissa and I don't blame you, I blame your maternal side of your family—anybody who can betray their boyfriend can betray everybody else," Aliyah said with self contentment.

Clarissa gave Aliyah a sharp slap on her cheeks, ruining her hijab. "How dare you speak of my mother that way? I'm so done with keeping my cool with you! What's your fucking problem bitch?"

Aliyah jumped in the air and pounced on Clarissa, "I won't spare you today. I'll kill you," the two of them engaged in a very disastrous cat-and-dog fight.

"Stop this nonsense guys, this is actually what Gossip Gurl wants you two to do; fight, don't give in to her." Haniya said, running to split them unlike the remaining students and even Aliyah's best friend, who stood like a statue and filmed the whole skirmish moment.

Right beside Haniya was Luna McCarthy, the alleged Gossip Gurl. She didn't intervened with the whole fighting thing because she'd already done more harm than good in the Mayor's Manor the day of her visitation. She broke the promise she made to Clarissa—not to get caught, she ruined the only source of Gossip Gurl's identity only for her selfish reasons and most importantly she'd let down the club members. But one thing she was sure about was that she didn't post any lies about the students; she wasn't her or maybe, them.

Haniya managed to stop them from killing themselves without getting a black eye. "Cool it off guys, you two are not only the valedictorian but also the head of the students; fighting on school grounds can make youse lose that title. You think I don't wanna be the valedictorian or the salutatorian? Really guys, a lie shouldn't get to you this easily," she said.