Chapter Nineteen

The school's hallway was rowdier and busier than any other regular day. It was like the school just admitted new students. Aliyah was at school also; even after Gossip Gurl's recent post, she acted unaffected—technically, she was just taking her sister's advice. She might be right, she's six-years-older than her after all.

The students all shot their lasers for an eye at Aliyah, burning her skin right to the bone with their stares. Aliyah didn't turn to look at them, if anything she learned from GG, it was: 'don't care when everyone is looking'. It was obvious, they'd all read Gossip Gurl's post, all Aliyah knew was that; she had no bad intention towards Bilal—even though she had a small bit of an undeniably sweet eye candy in his car. And what's wrong with that? Most of all, eye candy is the healthiest candy there is. Her calmness and finesse over the whole scandal went hay-wire as some tenth graders took it too far; they waved at her and at the same time they giggled.

What was going on?

Did she gain supporters all thanks to GG or were they just being hypocritical? Either way, it felt weird.

Her wild thoughts vanished as Daphne made her way through the river of students to her. The sight of Daphne reassured her; the feeling of safety enveloped her, the safe hands coming to her. Maybe Daphne might even know the reasons behind the student's crooked smiles, waves and glares. Without wasting much time, she invented a bear hug between her and Daphne.

"Wow babe, what's the occasion?" Daphne questioned, trying to break free from Aliyah's sudden attack.

Aliyah tightened the hug, locking her fingers together. "I just wanna be hugged by a lucky bitch. Please rub your luck on me, I'll need a whole 'nother luck today." Aliyah whispered into Daphne's ear.

The whispering tickled Daphne's soft ear, making her giggle out loud and finally breaking free from Aliyah's cocoon. "You're always lucky, with or without me." Daphne remembered, proceeding to unlock her locker, with her fingerprint. In a school like Prestige High Academia, fingerprint secured lockers are the least expensive things.

"Yeah I am, only a few lucky people get to be on Gossip Gurl's list," Aliyah whined sarcastically.

"Stop saying that. You're making me jealous." Daphne said with the cutest puppy eyes ever; the two of them laughed heartily, but it was cut abruptly by a voice. The voice of another devil right from hell.

"Good morning bitch." Clarissa's voice echoed through the suddenly quiet hallway. The students' attention drove at them. Some even brought out their smartphone to film a good tip for Gossip Gurl's so-called revolution.

Aliyah and Daphne turned to look at who they knew they'd see: Clarissa, she stood sumptuously as usual. She had her minions by her side; squealing and snickering like mindless—rabid hyenas. Aliyah was tired of drama at the same time not ready for any other C-Dramas, but she knew she couldn't escape one—since adulting comes with its dramas: she's ready to protect herself from Clarissa's sharp tongue with her friendship power shield. "Top of the morning to you my dear friend! I Presume you had a tranquil night's rest." Aliyah said in an obviously faked British accent.

She gave the nosy students what they wanted: drama, and not just any drama but a C-Drama.

Clarissa was as abash as the whole students standing in the hallway; Aliyah, the valedictorian of the school was conversing like a human with her nemesis—the salutatorian who couldn't get a B in Chemistry to take Aliyah's position; the one person that felt at ease whenever trouble knocks at Aliyah's door.

"Being happy doesn't suit you. It makes my eyes burn." Clarissa said, getting annoyed by Aliyah's Bridgerton and gay-ish manner of approach.

Daphne stepped forward, coming face-to-face with Clarissa. "Everybody deserves happiness —" she was quickly cut short by Clarissa's right-side minion's snapping before she could finish her Tumblr quote.