Chapter Twenty-Nine

Legit smiles, actual helpful advice: that was the first happy Gossip Gurl's victims' meeting they'd ever had.

Everybody all sat in the dark, but dimly lit auditorium, they all sat in circle like they were in a cult of some sort. Seriously, there were no distinguishing features with what they were practicing with that of a cult; the only thing they lacked that most secret societies had was: their dangerous mindset. It was time they started having ill thoughts against Gossip Gurl, hoping she have diarrhea and stepped on it, making her twist her neck or breaking it—harsh? Not even close, that way they'll be able to finish her.

Knowing Mr. Umbrella wasn't staged didn't relieve Aliyah, but the talk she had with James the night before Ramadan did. As long as she had James, Mr. Umbrella meant nothing. True, Mr. Umbrella was a secret protector; he meant well. But Aliyah loathed him because he just left her in the middle of a busy road to die—if Mr. Umbrella was really protecting her, he shouldn't have hid his identity.  Anybody he was, Aliyah didn't care no more—it was time she moved on—exams and graduation were the best things to think of.

She was the valedictorian, graduation is a very big day for her. She'll have to write gazillion paragraphs of what Prestige High Academia had done for her.

She had everything that makes an American Muslim girl happy for graduation; her valedictorian title, she stayed best friends with her nemesis who was going to be the salutatorian and most importantly, she's still best friends with her childhood sweetheart after confessing her love to him. The only thing that killed her happy vibes was the fact that she called her bestie dumb. But something put her restless mind to ease; when they got Gossip Gurl's identity, Daphne would be free from the crazy theory.

"Before we begin, I would like to make an important announcement," Haniya, the self-elected leader said, making the club members give her their full attention. "It's Aliyah's birthday!"

"It is?"

Clarissa nodded in affirmation, "yes, she's eighteen today."

"Feliz cumpleaños a ti! ¡Feliz cumpleaños a ti! Feliz cumpleaños a ti; Aliyah! ¡Feliz cumpleaños a ti!" Bilal sang the Spanish version of the happy-birthday-song: a great move to win back Aliyah's friendship.

Aliyah have seen it all. She have seen all romantic gestures there is; Bilal himself showed them to her—she wasn't awed by that little sing-in-her-language bullshit. That Mexicano song wasn't close to the birthday card James gave her at home, the roses-are-red-violets-are-blue kind of letter was romantic as hell. "Thank you, but I'm not looking for an actor to brighten my day." Aliyah aimed directly at his heart and she made sure her dagger tongue was sharp to tear his heart into pieces.

James' irresistible laughter popped out, "don't worry man, she'll forgive you soon." He said with a muffled giggle, patting Bilal's shoulder.

A frown was what James got from Bilal; but he didn't care, the humour was worth it.

"Happy birthday Aliyah," Luna said, enveloping her hands around Aliyah.

As much as Aliyah loved to be the centre of attention, she hated Gossip Gurl too. Wishing her a happy birthday wasn't supposed to be on the agenda—they were supposed to be plotting evil against evil herself. "Guys, thank you, but let's put an end to this wishing," Aliyah suggested, "let's find who GG is and stop her before she ruin our lives—as you all know, next week is finals and something in my guts is telling me she'll expose something even worse." Aliyah added, feeling a little bit anxious for the little secret she's hiding. That one thing she did last Ramadan.

Clarissa nodded in affirmation, "you're right Aliyah; let's talk about the plan."

"This is how it's gonna be," Luna stood up to take the upper hand. "We all are attending another soirée party today." Luna said, pausing to gain the Enola Holmes genius moment and she got it right away; the club members all stared at her in surprise while some looked in disapprovement.