8. The Effort

After they got the news the Atsumu was getting married and they still didn't know who was the mysterious fiance the pressure increased. But the setter gave them hope, If they won Olympics they would get to know this guy. So they trained extra hard, they even asked Iwaizumi to increese their training program (which was a gavely mistake).

But that didn't stop them from trying to find out. Only thing was that the didn't know which of their information was true and which was false. The only thing they know it's that the guy is tall and it isn't Iizuna, Oikawa or Hirugami. That put them at a big disadvantage, but they had few close calls.

The first one was a week after the zoom call, when Komori, Suna, Hoshiumi and Hirugami saw Atsumu sitting with someone taller than him at a cafe and laughing sweetly. They looked at each other and straight up run in to the cafe see... Sakusa drinking a black coffe in front of the blond. The smiles dropped from their faces the second they recognised the spiker.

- Hi cuz! Hi Tsumu! What are you doing here with Atsumu cousin? - Komori said teasingly.

- After he let me stay the night at his place, I offered to buy him some kind of drink. - Atsumu said looking at Komori sweetly, put with a bit of malice.

- Ohh and we are discousing the wedding stuff. You know I am his bestman and I need to help this dumbass - Sakusa said with a smug smile looking at one person specificly.

- HE IS A WHAT? - Suna yelled, cause Atsumu promised him the bestman spot, right next to Osamu, which Sakusa knew very well.

- WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT KITA-SAN? HUHHH?!! - Suna yelled

- Haha... Sorry. And Kita-san will be walking me down the aisle, since I don't plan on inviting my parents. They did nothing to deserve this privlage. - He said looking Suna dead in the eyes with that scary look to which the three players froze. The only one that was able to move was Hirugami, who pushed them out of the door wishing the two a nice day.

Even if Suna ranted about this whole thing in the GC and to Osamu, he would never admit that he was jealous of Sakusa's position as the bestmen

The second time was on the 13th of March (week before Sakusas birthday). This time It was Kageyama, Ushijima and Bokuto, they saw Atsumu enter another apartament, which wasn't his own (they assumed, cause they saw another man walking in few minutes earlier). Those are the dencest players on the team, so what did they decided to do? They barged in trying to see this guy, but they got once again disappointed to see Sakusa sitting on the couch with a magazin about wedding cakes in his hands. Which confused them for a bit, until the blond walked in with a few taste samples and two mugs of tea.

- What are you doing here guys? - Atsumu asked with a sweet smile clearly annoyed.

- We thught we saw your fiance enter... - Bokuto said with an embarrassed face

- And we wanted to see who it was, but it was just Sakusa-san - Kageyama said as Ushijima nodded.

- Ohhh.... OKAY. Could you please get out my house? We have important thing to do. - Atsumu said with an annoyed smile pressuring them to leave which they got.

Then the last close call was when Hinata got an idea on the 2 of April. And it was quite good. But most were annoyed cause he texted it at 2.30 am.

The Detectives GC

Hinata - How about we check who does  the bike belong to?

Hinata - @ Suna do you have a photo of a licence plate of that bike?

Suna - Yeah, but please it's really late. Can we do this tomorrow

The next day Suna send Hinata the photo of the licence plate. Shouyo knew who he had to text...

Private message between Hinata Shouyo and Daich Sawamura

Hinata - Hello Daichi-san. Could you please check this licence plate.

Hinata Shouyo send an attachment

Daichi - Sure, but why?

Hinata didn't have a choice, but to text him the whole story, which wasn't easy and his fingers hurt like hell, cause it was a long story.

Daich - I understand... But don't you think you shouldn't expose him if he doesn't want? He will tell you when he is ready?

Hinata - Your right Daichi-san... but thanks anyway.

But Daichi also was really curious, cause a National athlete with a secret relationship, it sounds like a cheesy fanfic that his husband would love. So he checked and how shocked he was, when he saw that the bike was registered for a certain Sakusa.

-The 3 of April in the gym-

- OKAY GUYS WE GOT THE MATCH UPS FOR THE OLYMPICS! - Iwaizumi yelled for everyone to gather up around him.

- As you know there are 12 qualified countries. Japan, Brazil, U.S.A., Italy, Poland, ROC, Argentina, France, Iran, Tunesia, Venezuela and Canada. We are starting with Italy, it is less than a month until the Olympics. LET'S DESTROY THEM! - Iwaizumi yelled as the whole team cheered.

The Olympisc started on the 1st of May in Tokyo. So there wasn't much time left...

A/N Since there wasn't a clear winner in the Haikyuu Olympics I will be doing it on my own instinct. I copied the countries from Wikipedia, so if something isn't like in the manga I am really sorry. I think the match ups would look something like this :

Japan vs  Italy  winner = A

USA vs Venezuela winner = B

Poland vs ROC winner = C

Argentina vs France winner = D

Iran vs Tunesia winner = E

Brazil vs Canada winner = F

next stage

A vs B winner = X

C vs D winner = Y

E vs F winner = Z

finales

X vs Y

Y vs Z

Z vs  X

Who won their matches with the most points wins