9. The Winner Takes All

The 1 Of May 2020, the stadium was full, the cameras were ready, the athleats were walking inside. The cheers got louder, it was the first match of the Olympics and the Japanese team was stressed (especially one ginger spiker). Some were walking in circles (ehem...Komori), some were talking out their (ehem...Bokuto) stress and some didn't stress about the game, but the amount of people gathered there (ehem...Sakusa...ehem) The starting squad for the first set looked like this :

---THE---NET---

Ushijima  Hinata  Hoshiyumi  

Aran     Komori   Kageyama

The Japanese team won the first set with the score of 32 to 30. Iwaizumi together with Fuki Hibarida (the coach) put Hinata with Kageyama, so they could perform the weird quick and set fear in the hearts of their opponents. Hoshiumi was there cause he was also used to play with Kageyama and his... specific sets. But to their disadvantage Hinata's nose started to bleed, cause he got one of the balls straight to the face. So they did a quick swap for Suna in the middle of the second set and the worst part is no one could play Hinata's position as good as he did. Suna was a spec at blocking, but they needed an attacker on the court, cause Italy was considered one of the best defence teams. So they needed to wait till the end of this set to swap the guys out. They lost the second set 24 to 26.

The last set was all or nothing. Kageyama, Komori and Aran were really tired, so they needed to swap out, almost the whole stratedy went to fuck itself, but Iwaizumi created a modified plan for the last set.

---THE---NET---

Bokuto   Hoshiyumi   Sakusa

Atsumu   Yaku   Hinata

Iwaizumi put his trust in Atsumu and Sakusa, their dynamic was unmatched when they played. And from what he saw from the bench, they were eager to play and win this game. They were in the zone. Bokuto was there to take some pressure off of Hoshiumi and Hinata went to the defence to help Yaku.

- Hey Omi-kun! I bet I'll do more service aces than you. - Atsumu said playfully.

- You are on, Miya - Sakusa said with a small smile. To the eye of public and other players they were too... relaxed, too... full of themselfs. But they didn't notice that little spark in the eyes of these two, in reality they were so tense that they couldn't even imagine losing.

Atsumu started the game with an amazing serve, so powerfull, that the team with the second strongest defence in THE WORLD couldn't revive it properly. Only after the 4th service ace the Italian team was able to recive it, which says alot.

They played and played none of the sides willing to give up. It was 42 to 41 for Japanese team (Atsumu and Sakusa scored 80% of it)

- The ball on the hands on the number 10's hands! And right to the setter who does a perfect pass to the right outside hitter! SAKUSA KIYOOMI SCORES! JAPAN WON THEIR FIRST GAME! - the comentator yelled celebrating as the spectators started to cheer and some even jumped out of their seats.

- Yes, we know James. The hosts are on the good way to the victory they are the third team most likely to win the 2020 Olympics. The number one is Argentina, number two Brazil and number three Japan. Could we get a closer look down there Jeff?

- Of course Jessie. The Italian team doesn't look happy, but it seems that the coach is giving a motivational speach and they start to get better. The Japanese team is celebrating with all their might. Bokuto Koutaro is giving a piggyback ride to their libero Komori Motoya as he runs to one of the audience one member and starts to talk to them, I assume it's a friend of his (who is it? hmmmm). The number 10 and 9 are bickering about something...Ohhhh... the setter threw the opposite hitter over his shoulder and started to walk out as the number 10 protests. And then there is Hoshiumi Korai showing off to one of the audience members I think counting for a praise from the male. Yaku Morisuke is signing autographs to the fans in the front row together with Suna Rintaro. And then there is Miya Atsumu and Sakusa Kiyoomi... The spiker is spinning around with the setter in his arms. Awwwwwwwwwwww This is a really cute scene. But none of their teammates noticed.