Chapter Five

Wednesday then pulled Thing out of the bed and slammed him onto the table. "Tell me what my parents told you" I said while having Thing pinned on the table.

Thing was scared in that moment and knew that she wasn't someone to mess with. "Listen to me or else" I said and opened the drawer threatening to put him in there.

"I could put you in here all school semester and no one will notice you're gone Thing" I said and was about to put him in there. He started talking using sign language though and I placed him back on the table.

"Okay well you now work for me" I said to him. Thing then shook himself to agree in response to what I just said.

"Good well first off we need to find a way out of this school" I said and then started pacing back and worth in the room. Thing was looking at her and waiting for her to find a solution.

Wednesday then stopped and had the perfect idea.
She had this plan played out in her head in that second.

The principal said she has to go to therapy because of her "mental issues". So, Wednesday will be out of school and can somehow find a way to escape the therapist office.

"I just have to execute this plan just right" I said out loud. I then went to bed and had a good sleep that night.

August 20th 7:30am

I couldn't get any sleep last night and was excited to finally leave this place. I haven't told Enid about this because she is a "goody two shoes" and might just snitch on me to the principal.

Further, I tried to get along with her just to make her not suspicious of me of anything. Enid loves to talk to me a lot mostly about her friends, school, and Ajax.

And, for some reason listening to her talk about all this stuff isn't that annoying to me and I enjoy it a little. I guess that is probably because I don't really like to interact with people and I find it hard to connect with them.

But that's not the point though today I will escape this hell hole and get back home. I hope that nothing gets in my way of doing so.

Wednesday then got out of bed and noticed Enid was already up. "Good morning Wednesday" Enid said and then took a sip of her iced coffee.

"Hmm you're up early" I said while noticing she is already dressed up. "Yeah well I'm usually pretty productive on weekends" Enid said and then pointed at her new organized closet.

"Well I'm leaving now and going into town" I said and was going to leave but Enid then got up and blocked my exit. "Um you can't go alone" Enid said and then had a concerned look on her face.

"What do you mean?" I asked her being curious. "Well you have to get a adult to leave with you" Enid said.

"I guess my plan just needs to be tweaked a bit" I thought in my head. "You have to ask the principal" Enid said and I nodded in agreement.

"Okay thanks Enid" I said and then headed downstairs to the principal's office. I entered the room and the principal was about to leave.

"Just the person I was going to see" The principal said and then walked to me. "I was about to say the same" I said while looking at her.

The principal then smiled at her and they both then headed to the car to head to town. The car ride there was silent and they arrived to the place abruptly.

"I'm just going to stay in the car but you will go in there Wednesday" The principal said and watched her enter inside the therapist's office.

I walked inside and looked around to feel familiar with my surroundings. The place didn't have many windows but I'm pretty sure there was one in the bathroom.

"Hello Wednesday" said a lady who I assumed is my therapist. I'v had many therapists in the past and they all failed trying to get me to cooperate with them.

I noticed she had a name tag on her desk saying her name Dr

I noticed she had a name tag on her desk saying her name Dr.Valerie Kinbott. "I'm just going to put these flowers in a vase real quick" Dr.Kinbott said and then placed them on the desk.

"Hmm well let's start our session" Dr.Kinbott said and then sat at the chair by her desk. I then sat on the chair in front of her.

"Hmm what would you like to talk about?" Dr.Kinbott asked Wednesday. She didn't feel like answering though and always hated taking about her feelings to others especially therapists.

"How about your feelings towards your mom?" Dr.Kinbott suggested that I should talk about. "I find this a complete waste of time" I said and wanted to get out this place immediately.

The clock was ticking and Wednesday wasn't making much progress in the session. Dr.Kinbott knew that she was one of the hardest patients to work with and she tried to be patient with her.

"You can feel comfortable telling me whatever is on your mind Wednesday and don't be shy" Dr.Kinbott said hoping I would do so. I then remembered that there is a bathroom and there is a 100% probability of a window in there for my escape route.

"Can I use the bathroom" I asked her and she nodded in response. Wednesday then went inside the bathroom and locked the door.

*************************************************

I then opened the window and exited the place. I slide down the pipes and walked towards the coffee shop.

"Well I hope she didn't notice" I said and hoped the principal wasn't following me. Wednesday then entered the coffee shop and was still thinking of how to get out of this place.

"A expresso might help me think a little" I thought in my head in that moment. I noticed that there weren't a lot of people here and probably because the expresso machine is broken.

"At least there isn't a long line" I said to myself and walked to the guy barista. He was trying to fix the machine but wasn't doing a good job at it.

"Please work you piece of shit" The guy barista said while still working on the expresso machine. I enjoy watching people suffering and see them having a worse life than mines.