Chapter Six

"Holy crap" The guy barista said and was scared by Wednesday coming out of nowhere. "Do you make a habit of scaring the hell out of people? The guy barista asked me.

"It's more of a hobby" I said. "You go to Nevermore, I didn't notice they changed the uniform" The guy barista said while looking at my outfit.

"I need a quad over ice, it's an emergency" I told him. "Um can't you see that the expresso machine is not working at the moment" The guy barista said while still trying to fix the machine.

"The only thing we have available is drip coffee" The guy barista said and I looked at a stranger getting a cup of coffee. "Drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives have no real purpose or meaning" I said and the stranger getting coffee then exited the coffee shop."

"Why won't you work?" The guy barista said to the expresso machine. "You don't know how to fix it?" I asked him and he nodded no to my question.

"I can do it give me the wrench" I asked him and he obeyed my words. Wednesday then fixed the expresso machine and The guy barista was thankful she did it.

"Woah how did you learn how to do that?" The guy barista asked who was impressed of what she just did. "My dad taught me when I was little" I said and handed him back the wrench.

"Well that quad is definitely on the house because of what you just did" The guy barista said and smiled at me which I found unsettling. "Anything else you need?" He asked and I knew exactly what to tell him in that moment.

"I need a ride out of here" I said. "Okay well you have to wait after my shift" He said and I looked on the board saying his shift ends in 10 minutes.

Wednesday then sat down at a empty table along with her quad over ice in one hand. She was thinking about whether or not the decision made was right.

10 minutes later...

The guy barista finished his shift and then sat next to Wednesday. She just finished her expresso and was waiting for him to be done working.

"Okay where would you like to go uh-" The guy barista said and was cut off by Wednesday telling her name to him. My name is Wednesday" I said.

"Oh like the day of the week" He said and chuckled at hearing that. "And your Tyler" I said while looking at the name tag on his apron.

He nodded in agreement and then smiled at me that I thought was unusual again. "God I hope he's not flirting with me because he is definitely not "my type" I thought in my head at that moment.

"You okay Wednesday?" He asked and I just noticed that he had his arm behind my head in that moment. "Yup" I said and moved his arm behind my head and placed it gently on his lap.

"Let's go now" I said and the two were about to leave the coffee shop until they bumped into the Sheriff Galpin. And, not only him but there was The principal beside him at the door.

"Thanks for the help" The principal said and gave me "a look". "Sure thing. I mean I did just want a cup of joe to figure out where she may be. However, this girl was here all along" Sheriff Galpin said out loud.

The principal then took Wednesday back to her car.
The two then entered inside and The principal was not happy about what just happened.

"Wow you really must want to cause trouble so badly" The principal said while raising her voice a bit out of angry at Wednesday's actions just now. "Oh we're going to have a talk with your parents missy" The principal said while still driving.

"I'll like to see you try" I mumbled to myself. They both then arrived at the school and The principal then took Wednesday back to her office.

The two then sat in there seats and The principal was on the phone with her parents. "Ugh I fuckin hate this place" I thought in my head and hated every second I was in that room.

The principal then finished the call with her parents and looked back at Wednesday. "Your parents will be here soon" The principal said and then fixed her makeup using her phone camera.

Wednesday just stared up at the ceiling and had nothing else do for letting the time pass.

*************************************************

30 minutes later...

Wednesday's parents arrived at the school and entered The principal office. They both then took a seat on the couch next to where there daughter was sitting.

"Well hello again Mortica and Gomez Adams" The principal said and offered them a mint in the jar on the coffee table. They declined though but their son Pugsley took a handful from the jar and then plopped a mint in his mouth.

"I would like to discuss about what Wednesday did today" The principal said and my parents then looked at me. "What did she exactly do?" Mom asked her while still looking at me.

"First off, she didn't finish her therapy session and instead leave the therapist's office by exiting through the window-" The principal then took a deep before finishing her sentence. "And then she went to a coffee shop to hang out with some boy" The principal said and my parents then started whispering into each others ears.

"I wonder what there telling each other but it's definitely not good things" I thought in my head at the moment. "Um can we continue our conversation?" The principal asked them and the two then looked back at her faking a smile to ensure there cooperating still.

"Yes we're both still on board" Dad said and my Mom nodded her head in agreement. "Okay I would like to say that Wednesday will get one strike. There are usually 3 strikes at this school. And once you get all of them you're suspended from here forever." The principal said and then Pugsley stopped eating the mints intrigued by what she just said.

"I understand" I said and pretended to feel guilty of my actions dealing with consequences. "Well that's all and I just wanted Wednesday and her parents to have a full mindset of how things are handled at Nevermore" The principal said out loud.

"It was nice being here" Mom said and brought my Dad and Pugsley and her back to the car. I watched them leave and then waited for anything else The principal has to say to me.

"I'm actually not going to give you a punishment this time Wednesday. Instead reflect on yourself and try to think of the best this school has to offer for you" The principal said.

Wednesday then left The principal's office and headed back upstairs to her dorm. She entered the dorm and Enid wasn't there meaning she's probably hanging out with her friends.

Thing was in the room with her though and listened to what happens downstairs through the vent. "I'm never going to leave this place" I said in a annoyed tone to Thing.

He then sat next to Wednesday on the bed and tried to comfort her. "You're one of the few people I trust Thing" I told him.

The two then talked to each other for the rest of the night. And, then at the middle of the night Enid went back to the dorm.

She had this worried look on her face though and immediately sat next to Thing and Wednesday. "What happened Enid" I asked her noticing she doesn't look that happy as usual.

"Ugh it's Ajax again" Enid said with a groan in her tone. "What did he do?" I asked her being concerned for her as a friend.

"He is so clueless. I mean I'm giving him hints that I like him but-" Enid couldn't finish her sentence and started crying. I didn't know what to do but Enid then put her head on my shoulder.

"Let it all out" I said and then started petting her head. She seemed to enjoy that and started to calm down a little.

"I don't know maybe he doesn't like me at all. He might just think of me as a friend I guess." Enid said and then sat back up looking at me. I then looked at her in the eyes and gave her some advice.