Chapter Eight: Movie Night!~

**Hello my lovely readers~ it's time to update again! Most of you probably think that I plan these chapters out in advance....well, I don't. I pretty much just make it up as I go... So, yeah. I do, however, have a few ideas for what's gonna happen in this chapter... and also, I don't know how long it's gonna be. x) Soooo... on with the story~**

**Small recap: Myla and Laura went to Kiba and Naruto's apartment to hang out with Kiba, Naruto, and Kankuro. Kiba was pretty much shocked speechless by Myla's appearance.**

<Myla's POV>

What do five teenagers do when they're cooped up in a house together? Depending on their personalities, a variety of things. We decided to watch a movie. However...... that was the only easy decision of the night.

"I wanna watch an action movie!!" Naruto yelled. Kiba scoffed.

"No way, those are all the same! Stupid and cliche!" he said. This time, Kankuro scoffed.

"Oh, and comedies are any better?" he asked. Kiba bristled.

"Yeah, they are!!"

Laura and I looked at each other, not really sure what to make of the argument going on around us. It was all we could do not to laugh. But our moment of laughter was soon cut short when the three bickering boys turned on us.

"What do you think?" Naruto asked me. I blinked.

"Don't ask her, she doesn't like movies," Laura said. I shrugged.

"I don't not like them, I just don't like sitting still for that long," I said. Laura waved me off.

"She looooooves a good chick flick," she said. I smacked her, hard.

"Um, no thank you," I said. "I hate chick flicks. I like comedies," I said, being truthful. Naruto stuck his tongue out at me.

"Only because Kiba does!!" he said. I flushed.

"Ha! Believe me, Myla wouldn't make a decision to appease a guy," Laura said. I giggled; she was right.

"Guess we'll have to settle this the old fashioned way..." Kankuro said. Laura and I stared as a game of none other than rock paper scissors ensued.

"They're all ninjas, and this is how they settle the score?" Laura whispered to me. I giggled.

"Guess so," I replied. We continue to sit there and whisper until finally, the movie idea was abandoned, and we all decided to watch the Discovery Channel.

>>>Time Skip>>>

After two hours straight of Naked and Afraid, [A/N: seriously, normally shows like that bother me but I seriously love that show so much.] Naruto was no longer conscious. He had plowed down a whole box of donuts, and then passed out on the floor. After taking the time to draw a mustache and a beard on him with a sharpie marker, Laura and Kankuro has disappeared, no doubt to make out in a closet or something. I inwardly sighed. It's not like Laura was a slut or anything; she was actually didn't really like all the attention she got from guys. However, the girl was a natural flirt, and she had finally found someone worth flirting with. I hoped she was enjoying her makeout session; I was jealous of her, that much was for sure. Only... I didn't want to make out with Kankuro. Instead...

I looked at Kiba, who was sitting next to me, swearing at my phone. I had showed him one of my favorite games, and he was currently having a hell of a time trying to play it. Resisting the urge to laugh, I plucked my phone from his hands and finished his game out, before pocketing my phone. I looked at him.

"Wanna take a walk?" I offered. "To be honest, I'm not much of a TV watcher..." 'Unless it's anime,' I added silently to myself. He looked relieved at my suggestion.

"Yeah, sounds good," he agreed. He stood up and whistled, and Akamaru came pelting around the corner, prancing at Kiba's feet, anxious. I scratched his ears, giggling, before slipping on my shoes and following Kiba out the door.

The summer night air was chillier than I expected, and I involuntarily hugged myself. The stars were bright, and the sky was crystal clear. I found myself gazing up at the stars, zoning out for a moment, but was brought back to reality when I felt something warm over my shoulders. I looked up to see that Kiba had dropped his jacket over my shoulders. I smiled up and him and slipped my arms through the sleeves. The warmth was immediate and wonderful, and I found myself sighing in content.

"Thanks," I said. He shrugged one shoulder as if to say 'no biggie.'

We walked along side by side for a while, carrying on a small but interesting conversation, Akamaru trotting at our heels. He asked me about my school, what my favorite hobbies and foods were, and a few other minor details about myself. I happily told him, after apologizing in advance for not being a very interesting person.

"Nah, you're interesting," he said, making me roll my eyes. He nudged me lightly, and I laughed.

"Okay, fine then, what else do you want to know?" I asked him. He thought for a moment.

"How did you and Laura meet?"

I smiled. "There's a good story," I said. "Let's see... When I was in 4th grade, we were told there was a new student in the class, and to make her feel welcome. I didn't pay much attention, because normally, if there was a new kid, all the popular girls tried to get to her before anyone else could... so I didn't really bother," I said. I stopped walking, staring up at the stars again, smiling to myself. "However, one day, I walked past her desk, and I saw she was drawing a picture of one of my favorite video game characters, Spyro the Dragon. I was curious, so I asked her if she liked the Spyro games. She said she did, and I told her that I did, too...." I giggled, looking at Kiba. "The rest is history. We've been inseparable since." [A/N: This is how me and Tsumi-chan met, no joke, I figured I'd use the story to explain how these two met :3]

Kiba chuckled. "Not as dramatic as I thought it would be," he said. I rolled my eyes and pushed him playfully.

"Shut up, I told you I wasn't very interesting," I said, and he grinned. He stared at me for a moment, and I blushed, looking away.

"You're interesting, Myla," he said. I looked at him, surprised to hear the change in the tone of his voice. I was ready to make a playful remark, but before I could open my mouth, it was captured by his lips in a soft, innocent kiss.

Instinctively, I closed my eyes, but just as suddenly as he had kissed me, he pulled away, leaving me dumbfounded and speechless. He shot me another grin, which only made my now-racing heart beat faster.

"Come on, we should head back...before Laura and Kankuro do something they shouldn't," he said. I shook my head, trying to kick start my brain, which had completely shut down. He winked at me. "You comin?"

"Y-yeah," I stammered, falling into step beside him.

What the heck had just happened? I had found myself thinking that it didn't matter whether that little kiss had meant anything or not. The only thing that I was concerned about was when it would happen again.

**Another chapter done!! Finally, they kissed!!! *squeals* So what's gonna happen next? And where did Laura and Kankuro disappear to? Only time will tell!!~ Until next time, my lovelies~**

-Rei :3