Chapter 14 - Remembrance of My Friend

*****IMPORTANT UPDATE 6/14/2013*****

The reason this chapter was so short was because there was a HUGE chunk missing when I uploaded it. I didn't know until Isabelle (the author) messaged me about it. She emailed me the whole chapter so everything is fixed now. Sorry about that. This is the full chapter. Enjoy. (: xx ~~ Emma

P.s. If the title doesn't make any sense now or something, I'm sorry. I'm not going to change it though. Xx

*****END OF IMPORTANT UPDATE 6/14/2013*****

Hey guys! How is everyone? Great, I hope! I'm doing fantastic! Next week is the last week of school for me and I'm really happy about that!

Anyway, I don't have a title for this chapter yet so I'm going to let YOU decide. Just read the chapter and come up with a title you think would fit this chapter perfectly. Whoever comes up with the best title will get the next chapter dedicated to them!

Speaking of dedications...... this chapter is dedicated to Isabelle. She is the author of the Sarelle series and many more wonderful creations. You can follow her Wattpad at Est2010. (:

That's about it! I hope you like this chapter and I will be looking at your ideas for the title of it.

Until next time my minions! Xx ~~ Emma

P.s. 350 votes for the next chapter!!

________________________________________________________

11th October 2047

Bella and Edward left for Forks within the hour, taking Ren and Jacob with them. Only Ren shed any tears. Bella hadn’t showed any such emotion, not after her initial outburst. I could only imagine that the death of her father was something she had always been expecting. Perhaps she had been waiting for it to happen ever since she was changed. She wasn’t like the other Cullens. She had crossed into the world of the supernatural by choice. She had planned it and prepared herself for the goodbyes she would have to make.

Thinking of Bella’s father soon brought back the memories I had of her mother, and I couldn’t help dwelling on the final few.

2nd May 2033 (The night after Dylan’s wedding)

I lingered outside that little white house which I knew so well. It had been my place of sanctuary and peace when I was human. Every time I had jumped there it had taken me from my broken state and fixed me up until I was good as new. Now it held a very different feeling.

I could hear Renée pottering about in the kitchen, pans and cups clinking together as she moved while the steady noise of Phil’s snoring sounded from their upstairs bedroom. It was strange not to hear a peep coming from Dylan’s room, but of course he didn’t live here anymore, he hadn’t for years now.

I toyed with the silver ring on my finger as I debated what my next move would be. Renée had seen me at the wedding, I knew she had, but was that glance enough to show myself to her now? Plus how would Aslo feel when he found out that I had betrayed his trust. I had told him I was going for a run, some time to enjoy old memories before we moved on again. I knew he wouldn’t have let me leave if he knew I was planning on revealing myself to Renée, a human. He didn’t know her like I did. He didn’t know that she wasn’t like other humans, that she saw more than they did. She could be trusted, I knew that much, but I didn’t know if our kind could be trusted.

I had already visited this place a few times before; watching Dylan grow up, move out, the family evolving. I had been lucky that other vampires hadn’t caught on to my interest and sought out the source. It wasn’t that they didn’t inhabit this area, I knew of at least one coven who resided deep within the city and I also knew as pleasant as they were, I didn’t want them coming anywhere near Renée and her family. Never would I allow such a thing.