Chapter 20 - The File of My Life

I'm really REALLY sorry for not updating sooner!! I've been busy with school and I went to Iowa for my cousin's wedding.

From now on, I'm going to let YOU GUYS come up with the title of each chapter!! I think it would be a great idea to let you guys be a part of the story!

With that being said, this chapter is dedicated to WandaHernandez for coming up with the title for the last chapter!!

That's all I have to say here!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!! :D xx ~~ Emma(:

P.s. 630 votes for the next chapter (:
____________________

Like the last time we were here, Edward left the little cottage at dusk without me. We both knew it would attract too much attention to return together. We didn't kiss goodbye, or clutch each other in a tight embrace, instead we shared one last longing glance. It would have to be enough for now.

After Edward left, I finally paid attention to the increasing number of missed calls that flashed up on my phone. A few were from Alice, more than likely questioning why I had never returned as promised. A couple were from the Denalis who had probably called at Alice's request. They very rarely contacted me when I went away. It was as if they just knew I needed my space. Of course my disappearances didn't bother them the way it seemed to affect the Cullens. That being said the Denalis had never truly lot me . I always came back in some state or another, and I was always fine. The Cullens didn't have the same experience.

I continued to scroll down the list and dread started to set in. Aslo's name dominated and I could see that for every unanswered call it spawned two more. I had spent so long in Edward's bubble that I'd almost forgotten the mess I'd left home. A flash of Aslo's face filled my mind. How could I have kissed him? How could I have done that to our friendship, to Tanya? I had used him purely to make myself feel better, to distract me from the building feelings I had for Edward.

As I ran my thumb over his name I could almost feel his concern. How selfless he was to still worry for me despite the disregard and disrespect I had shown our friendship. As much as the thought of returning to the real world unnerved me, I owed him more than a phone call.

I took a brief shower to wash away Edward's scent and surveyed the cottage one last time before shutting the door. I knew the words that had been said within were for those walls only, but I still felt a skip in my step as I started towards home. There was hope for Edward and I to have our happy ending. Somehow. As I ran towards home, my head filled with daydreams. Daydreams of a happily ever after.

Unfortunately each step brought me further from those dreams and closer to the harsh reality of what I had started by confessing my feelings for Edward. As I neared Colter Bay I took my phone from the pocket in my jeans and crushed it in my hand. Aslo would be suspicious as to why I didn't answer if my phone were still intact. I didn't want to answer his questions as to why I ignored my phone, or my prolonged absence, or the smile that refused to leave my face. As I thought of Aslo and the lies I would have to tell him, I wondered how Edward have explained his absence, whether his original story of shopping in Seattle would be enough to stop the questions.

In trepidation struck and the smile on my face fell as I bit my lip and opened the door. My foot had yet to even touch the floorboards of home when I was grasped in Aslo's arms. My greeting choked in my throat and I let my arms wind around his waist as I felt him take in a deep breathe.

"Kventina," he breathed on my neck. "Moje kvetina."

"I'm sorry." I replied and it seemed to wake him from whatever state he had fallen into. He stepped back, but never out of reach. His eyes watched me closely with an intensity he so rarely showed me.