Chapter 3 - THEY Are Here

The Cullens are coming! The Cullens are coming! xD The moment you all have been patiently {I hope} waiting for! I hope you guys like it! Quick question, was Sarelle's nickname mentioned in any of the previous chapters? It's Garrett's nickname for her. I'm not sure if it was or not... Anyway, I hope you like the chapter! Please comment and vote! Thanks guys! (: xx - LongLiveMusic17

P.s. 30 votes for the next chapter! :D

--------------------------------------------------

4th July 2047 (2.32pm)

I followed Carmen slowly, stopping at the doorway to my room at the top of the stairs. I would allow them their greetings first before I introduced myself. At least that would give me a little more time to accustom myself to their presence.

I heard Tanya open the door but what came next nearly knocked me senseless. Those scents, I knew them so well it was as if they were a part of me. As they bulldozed into my senses I felt myself get sucked back in time, not through my gift but through the overwhelming power of the memories that burst forth from the recesses of my conscience. They tumbled into my thoughts like water from a broken dam and it took all my strength to stay standing where I was..."why are you afraid?"

"I'm not afraid of you," I said with a sigh.

"That wasn't what I asked, Sarelle."

"I'm afraid that this has to end. I'm afraid that every moment I'm with you I dread the moment when I have to leave you. I'm afraid that I'd like to stay with you much more than my heart should want."

"That is something to be afraid of. But let's not think about the end when we're still only at the beginning. When that day comes, and I have to watch you leave, I will always try and find a way to you."...

... "You look lovely with a blush on your cheeks." His thumb's pad brushed against the heated surface of my skin, and I felt the complete contrast we were.

I was like fiery heat compared to his icy cold. Could fire and ice exist together and not ultimately destroy each other?

"I believe we could be the exception, we already defy the laws of nature." He said answering my internal thought.

"The only exception," I said...

I peered around the corner, just a peak, just to make sure. And there they stood every one of them exactly how I remembered them, and yet better somehow. And still the years rushed by in my mind.

"Do you play?" Edward asked, observing my amorous expression.

"A little." I grinned and practically skipped towards the instrument, placing myself on the bench as if I was settling home.

I tapped the bench and in a flash Edward was sitting beside me.

"Play for me," he whispered in my ear, and placed a cool kiss on my temple.

Carlisle looked down at me with a peaceful smile before placing an arm around me in a fatherly hug. That was, after all, what he was to me, a father figure, or a guardian, so the gesture just felt right and safe.

"Thank you, Sarelle. It's been nice having you here, learning and remembering my past. I used to think my human life was irrelevant, insubstantial. You've shown me otherwise." I smiled up at him before turning back to gaze at the picture of the home we had shared.

"Your human life was anything but irrelevant, Carlisle. It was so much more than worthy because you were important to me. You saved me so never doubt the point of your human existence. You were loved and not many can say that." I beamed as Carlisle gave me a light squeeze and sighed.