Chapter 12

VERA'S P.O.V

Vera didn't like the fact that her Mama was spending so much time doing things with Lila. She was always invited too, but she felt left out at the lack of understanding of some of the games.

The young girl didn't want to share her Mama. She wanted Natasha's full attention on her.

The ten-year-old gripped her Mama's arm as soon as the woman was about to start walking after Lila to play with her outside, a whine escaping her lips as she used all her strength to stop the blonde from walking away.

"Hey, baby" Natasha turned to look at her daughter with a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

Vera just frowned, unable to explain with words what she was feeling. Instead, the kid wrapped her arms around her Mama's waist, refusing to let go.

"Come here, sweet girl" the woman scooped her up, pressing a kiss on her hair.

For a moment, the child expected for Tasha to turn around and walk inside the house again, but the woman kept walking after the eleven-year-old.

She whined again, wanting to share her discomfort since she wanted to stay inside cuddling with her Mama.

-/-

NATASHA'S P.O.V

As the days passed, Natasha grew even more confused and worried about how her ten-year-old was acting.

It would be an understatement to say that the little girl was clingy, but her kid was clingier, all the time stuck by her side. And, even if she loved to spend as much time as possible just cuddling with the kid, it was starting to overwhelm her a bit. She couldn't go anywhere without Vera asking her to be carried.

And that moment was no different. She was sitting on the couch with her sleeping kid in her arms when Lila came to ask her to play make-up with her. She gently laid her daughter on the couch, making sure that the child was sleeping comfortably before approaching her niece.

-/-

VERA'S P.O.V

The ten-year-old woke up to her Mama's laugh, the warmth of her arms gone. She quickly sat up while rubbing both of her eyes, her curiosity peeking to see what Tasha was laughing at.

However, the soft and curious expression on her face turned into an upset frown as the betrayal of watching her Mama play with Lila without her sunk in. The woman was applying make-up to the giggling girl.

"There you go, so pretty" Natasha smiled.

Vera looked down in between sadness and anger. That should be her. Natasha should be playing with her. Tasha was her Mama, not Lila's.

"Mama" Vera murmured while approaching them, there was anger lingering in her tone of voice.

"Hey, baby" her Mama turned to look at her, welcoming her onto her lap.

"Can I do your make-up?" Lila asked her, bringing the brush towards her face.

"Vera!" Tasha gasped when she slapped the girl's hand away, her 'cousin' staring at her with wide eyes. "Hey, that's not nice." The woman tried to get the child to look at her. "It's okay if you don't want to do something and you can say 'no', but you don't hit people, understood?" The authority tone in her Mama's voice only got her to look down. It was the first time she had ever heard Tasha so upset. "Is it understood?" Natasha asked the kid again after not receiving an answer, seeing the young girl nod. "Good. You have to apologize to Lila for hitting her"

At that moment Vera's green eyes widened as she stared into her Mama's. It wasn't fair. So, she pushed herself away from the woman, getting herself onto her feet before running outside, not bothering to listen to Tasha.