Chapter 13

NATASHA'S P.O.V

They stayed at the Barton's Farm for over two weeks, leaving just in time before an officer would come to check on Clint's house arrest. They left with the promise of visiting again soon.

With the help of Mason, they were able to arrive safely in Norway. Natasha's RV had been moved from where it was, but still well enough hidden.

"I'm a little disappointed that you're not sleeping in my bed" she teased at the sight of Mason standing by the door, her daughter pressing herself against her side.

"It's already been taken" the former SHIELD agent answered, getting her to frown slightly. "Hello, you must be Vera" Mason smiled at the kid, who just looked down.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Nat asked him, scooping up her child as Mason just signed her to follow him inside.

She couldn't fight the smile that appeared on her face at the sight of the blonde's sleeping form, snuggled under the covers. The young woman's warrior face was gone, since it had been replaced with a relaxed expression.

Natasha set her daughter on the floor, before crouching in front of the sleeping blonde, slowly tracing her baby sister's features with her fingertips. Yelena's nose scrunching a little at the sudden touch.

"Wake up your aunt, baby" she told her daughter.

Vera smiled, climbing on the bed to lie down on her aunt's back, her small arms wrapping around the young woman's shoulders. At that Yelena wriggled away from the hold, grunting a little. The child moved, but only to jump on the bed, right next to her aunt.

"Stoooop" the sleepy blonde whined, her hand gripping one of the kid's ankles, tugging from it.

"You're in my bed" she said as soon as her sister opened her eyes.

Yelena rolled her eyes before focusing on her niece. She beckoned the kid to sat down next to her before saying in a threatening tone, "I don't know when, but the Tickle Monster is visiting you soon."

However, despite the threat, the kid smiled widely when her aunt pulled her into a tight embrace.

-/-

Yelena was going to stick around for a few days, she was on the search for a widow in the area. That was why the younger sister would leave each morning to search around the nearest cities, trying to find any evidence of that widow still being around there.

Aunt and niece would drive Natasha crazy for the rest of the evening, the two of them always getting into a little bit of trouble. But the former Avenger loved both of them, so she could only stay mad for a few minutes.

That day Nat had trusted Yelena to stay alone with Vera while she ran to the grocery store, so she was expecting chaos as soon as she arrived at her RV. However, her sister was sitting on the small couch while the little girl was playing quietly with some Lego she had bought her.

Natasha laughed when she saw her kid wearing Yelena's dark blue hoodie which was too big for the child's small frame.

Her sister adored that piece of clothing, always talking about how warm and comfy it was, and the two pockets that had at the front. The blonde rarely took it off, so it was weird to see the child wearing it.

The younger sister was smiling brightly while staring at her niece with adoring eyes. That child had stolen their hearts since the beginning.

"You gave her your FAVORITE sweatshirt?" Nat looked over the kid, who had tucked Cheese in the front of the hoodie.

"She likes it. And I have another one " Yelena shrugged with a smile as she sat down next to her. Saying 'no' to the ten-year-old was hard for both of them. "Plus, I gave YOU my favorite vest" her sister pointed out. "My handy pockets helped you escape Ross, you're welcome"