Chapter 15

NATASHA'S P.O.V

The ten-year-old was doing a lot better when Steve, Sam and Wanda were around. She was still cautious, but the kid would even seek their company from time to time, especially Wanda's.

Natasha had noticed that if she or Yelena weren't available, the kid was more than content to be stuck with Wanda. The young witch had managed to gain the kid's trust slowly.

However, it was bringing up some tension between Yelena and Wanda, since the blonde didn't actually agree with her niece choosing the other woman to spend time with instead of her. Yelena was being really possessive and protective of the child.

And the whole jealousy situation was driving Natasha crazy. She had tried multiple times to do something just the four of them. But it didn't matter what they did, it always ended with her baby sister upset. So, to be honest, she was quite surprised to see Yelena and Wanda talking in a friendly manner outside the RV while Vera was practicing tumbling. Both women kept her eyes on the child to make sure the kid was okay.

"I don't see any pouts today," Steve said, nodding his head towards the place they were standing.

"Don't jinx it," Natasha told him, smacking his arm playfully.

"He totally did," Sam chuckled, shaking his head.

It was just too obvious that the peaceful scene couldn't last for a long time. "Watch out, sweetie!" Wanda exclaimed when Vera was about to trip on a rock, which caused the child to lose her footing, twisting her ankle and almost falling to the ground, since Wanda's magic caught the kid and set her carefully on the grass.

Natasha didn't think twice about running to her panicking child, taking a quick look at the kid's ankle. Thankfully, it didn't look bruised.

"Does it hurt?" She asked, but her daughter only stared back at her without actually answering, but definitely in pain. She sighed, the last thing she wanted was to have to put her kid through the whole process of going to a doctor again.

"Is she okay?" Wanda asked when Natasha took the kid in her arms.

"Don't yell ever again to a young widow. You got her scared" Yelena snapped at the other woman.

"Yelena" she warned her baby sister, who looked at her with wide eyes. It had not been Wanda's fault. "Can you take her inside?" She asked Steve.

Natasha could not avoid smirking at how tense Steve looked after hearing the question. The man extended his arms with an unsure look on his face, almost panicking when the child was placed on them. He didn't know how to hold a kid, he was afraid of hurting her or something, and it didn't help the fact that Vera had gone completely stiff, staring at him with a frown.

"It's okay, sweet girl. I promise he's nice." Natasha gently caressed her kid's hair, hoping to relax the child. "I think I have a pack of ice in the freezer." She told Steve, who nodded slightly.

Sam laughed at how slow Steve was walking, gripping the child as if he was going to drop her at some point. "You're doing great, pal," he teased while giving his friend a thumb up.

After a few seconds of amusement of Captain America being scared of holding a child, Natasha turned her attention back to her baby sister and Wanda.

"I'm sorry" Wanda apologized when Yelena pointed out once more that Vera's possible injury was the witch's fault.

"Yelena, stop. It wasn't her fault-"

"She yelled at Vera." The blonde told her, getting her to sigh.

"I'm sorry," Wanda apologized again, turning to look at her. "I didn't mean to startle her-"