Chapter 6

10:00 am

"Wait! Snowball! What are we supposed to do?! Where are we going?!" Max howled. He and the other pets watched helplessly as Snowball grabbed Daisy and bolted away. Not even looking over his shoulder, the white bunny rabbit called back, "Just head for the park entrances and race home! Good luck Tiny Dog!"

"Come on Maxie, let's just get this race over with, together," Gidget spoke, trying to calm the Jack Russell terrier. She could tell that he was both stressed out and frustrated with Snowball. Gently nudging her boyfriend, the fluffy white Pomeranian went on, "Let's get out of here."

"Right, yeah. Let's go," Max murmured, allowing his bristling fur to lay down. Shaking himself as he cast one final glare towards the direction Snowball had gone, the Jack Russell terrier turned and ran after Gidget as they fled towards one of Central Park's many entrances. By the looks of it, everyone else had scattered. Duke, on the other hand, was following them.

"It's best if we take one of the southern entrances. I know for a fact we live in downtown Manhattan!" Gidget yipped from where she was running in the lead. Right behind her, Max replied, "Sounds good to me!" Galloping along at the back of the pack, Duke barked, "I see it! Straight ahead!"

"Alright, let's do this!" Max called. Racing alongside Gidget now, the Jack Russell terrier and his girlfriend bolted for the park entrance with Duke in tow. The moment his paws touched the paved city sidewalk, Max knew there was no turning back now.

The race had officially begun.