Chapter 8

10:25 am

"Snowball, we're in the city now. You can let go of me," Daisy grumbled. She was still being dragged along by Snowball. Pretty sure they had gone three blocks away from Central Park like this. Realizing this, Snowball smiled sheepishly and released his hold on her paw as he apologized, "Oops, sorry about that."

"Are you also sorry about dragging me into this mess?" Daisy questioned as she rubbed her sore paw. Kicking a can with his foot down the alley they were in, Snowball chuckled nervously as he answered, "Not really, no." Rolling her eyes, Daisy muttered, "Of course not."

"Woah, wait! Hold on!" Snowball cried, hopping after Daisy as she began trotting away. Sliding past her, the white rabbit stopped in front of the Shih Tzu. "Look, I know you and some of the others are upset about this whole situation."

"Oh, did you just realize that?" Daisy remarked. She went to go around the blockade but Snowball got in her way again. "Daisy, I know you're mad," the rabbit admitted, "But trust me when I say this, I will get the both of us home in no time." Launching himself up into the air, he performed a backflip and landed gracefully on top of a trash can, Snowball posed like a superhero as he continued, "I swear I will get you home. Just put your trust in me, Captain Snowball!"

"Darn it, it's not easy being mad at you for long," Daisy murmured, giggling slightly. A soft pink blush coming over his face, Snowball smiled bashfully and replied, "Aw shucks." Hopping down, the white rabbit stated, "Okay, let's get going. I wanna beat the others as well. And the Flushed Pets should be rising from the sewers right about now."

"That makes me feel so much better, thank you Snowball," Daisy remarked sarcastically."

"Sorry..."