Chapter 10

Rebekah walks down the hallway and runs into another student, she growls at them. But instead of cowering from her they growl back. "Kol," she exclaims. "Hello, Bekah," he replies. "What are you doing here," Rebekah asks. "I was asked to be here," Kol says. "Our brothers should know that I can handle myself," Rebekah says. Caroline comes around the corner and approaches the two, "Not by our brothers," Kol says. "Hello, darling," he says turning his attention to Caroline. 

"Bekah, did not expect the person she ran into to growl back at her," Kol says to his brother as the two of them laugh. Rebekah however rolls her eyes at Niklaus and Kol.

Rebekah looks between the blonde and her brother, "I'm Rebekah," she says introducing herself. "Caroline," Caroline introduces herself. "And how did you meet my brother," Rebekah asks. "I noticed him in the Grille, because he was new and I did not recognize him," Caroline says. Rebekah laughs, "Well, Kol could never stay hidden in a crowd," Rebekah says. Caroline laughs, and Rebekah links her arm with the blonde, Kol looks between the two blondes.

"Oh, look fast friends," Rebekah says to Caroline. "Well, that's a scary thought," Kol says. 

**************

After talking with her daughter, Abigail realized that she had no reason to stay away from Mystic Falls. So when Bonnie decided to go back, Abigail decided to go with her daughter back to the town that always seemed to be the epicenter of all things supernatural.  Klaus tries to get Bonnie to like him and it does not work at all. Bonnie and Abigail find it amusing that Klaus is having trouble with something he thought he was good at. Abigail and Bonnie are in the kitchen as Klaus packs the car. "You could give him a chance you know," Abigail says. Bonnie laughs, "But what about Elena," she asks. "Bonnie, sweetheart," Abigail says. "What about you," she asks. Bonnie sighs, "I mean he's hot," she says. Abigail snorts, "And," Abby asks her daughter. "I think Ayanna was right," Bonnie says. "About what," Abby asks. "He's misunderstood," Bonnie says looking at her mom. Abby kisses her daughter's forehead, "It's up to you," she whispers. 

"He tried to kill me," Elena exclaims. 

Klaus walked back into the house, "Bonnie, Abigail," he calls out. "Let's go," Abby says. The two Bennetts leave the kitchen and head to the foyer, "We are ready to go," Bonnie tells the hybrid. He smiles and the three of them head out to the car, and they drive off headed in the direction of Mystic Falls. Then his phone rings, "Yes, Kol," Klaus asks annoyed. "Rebekah met Caroline," Kol says. "And, this affects me because," Klaus trails off. "Because I did not realize how dangerous it would be to introduce them," Kol deadpans. "Why would you introduce them," Klaus asks. "Because I am going to high school," Kol groans. Klaus laughs, "You are serious," he says, when Kol does not laugh. "Why would I joke about that," Kol asks. "Enjoy school, Kol," Klaus says hanging up on his brother. 

"I find it hilarious that you would think that I am joking," Kol growls. "I am sorry, I had a hard time picturing you at school," Klaus argues.  

Bonnie giggles and Klaus turns to look at her. "What," he asks. "It's funny that Caroline got Kol to go to high school," Bonnie explains. "Well it's better than having to go look for him after a massacre," Klaus mutters. Bonnie laughs, and looks at Klaus who is not amused. "You're joking, right," Bonnie asks. "No, like Kol told you he lost his magic," Klaus begins to explain. "And then he was dealing with the new hunger of being a vampire and the depression of losing a part of himself," Klaus explains. "Oh," Bonnie says. 

"Just spill all of my feelings from a thousand years ago," Kol says sarcastically. Klaus rolls his eyes. 

***************

Bonnie walks through the school and sees Rebekah and Caroline talking in excited whispers. Kol was leaning against the lockers on the opposite side of the hallway when he saw her. "Oh look, Bonnie is here," Kol announces. Both blondes turn and walk quickly down the hallway. "Bonnie," Caroline squeals. "Hi, Caroline," Bonnie says. "Bonnie, this is Rebekah," Caroline introduce. "Hi," Bonnie says nervously. "Hello, love," Rebekah says. Kol comes down the hallway and wraps an arm around Caroline's waist. Bonnie raises her eyebrows and Caroline grins and nods discreetly. 

"Bonnie, Caroline," Elena exclaims. "What now," Caroline groans. "Klaus's sister is just as dangerous," Elena says. "Darling, please," Kol says. "Rebekah is worse," Klaus adds. 

Rebekah grabs Caroline and Bonnie's hands and pulls them away. "I think we need to have a conversation," she says. Kol groans and walks down the hallway in the opposite way. Then he nearly runs into his older brother, "Do you know where Bonnie is," Klaus asks Kol. "Yep, Rebekah took Caroline and Bonnie somewhere to talk," Kol says. "Oh bloody hell," Klaus mutters. "Now I need to find the doppelganger," Klaus says. Kol sighs, "Well the one person, keeping me at the school just got dragged away by our sister," Kol says. Klaus smirks, and the two Mikaelson brothers try to find Elena. 

"One person keeping you at school," Caroline asks. "Well you see, darling I would not have gone otherwise," Kol replies.