Chapter 13

Rebekah calls Elena to the woods, so they can talk. "Why did you ask me out here," Elena asks. "Because I lied earlier," Rebekah says. "What," Elena asks. "I did not know about my mother," Rebekah tells the doppelganger. "So you will help us wake Mikael," Elena asks. Rebekah nods, "But you should know that killing my brother, will affect Bonnie," Rebekah says.  "How will it affect Bonnie," Elena asks. "They are connected," Rebekah deadpans. "What happens to him, will happen to her," she adds. "I told you that your brother killed your mom and you still want to make sure that he is safe," Elena exclaims. "What," Rebekah asks. "Just stop lying about Bonnie," Elena says.

"So, someone tells you that your best friend's life is in danger and you assume that they are lying," Bonnie asks Elena. "Maybe I had a good reason to not believe them," Elena deadpans. Bonnie glares at the girl. 

Damon, Stefan and Elena woke Mikael and made a deal with him. The deal was to keep Bonnie, and Caroline safe and kill Klaus and possibly Kol. Mikael's only request was that Rebekah was daggered and out of the way. Despite his cold exterior, Rebekah reminded the Original Hunter a lot of Freya. And he did not want to hurt his daughter, so Elena agreed to dagger the Original.  

********************

Kol is laying in bed with Caroline, but only the blonde seems to be awake. She is looking at Kol's profile as he sleeps. She did not see the maniac, that everyone else saw. She saw glimpses of the boy, that Kol used to be before he was turned into a vampire. "It's rude to watch someone sleep," Kol's accented voice says breaking through Caroline's reverie. Caroline giggles, and playfully hits his chest and he opens his eyes. "You know, there is the homecoming dance," Caroline says. "Darling, I am going to school for you," Kol says. "Please do not make me go to the bloody dance," Kol complains. Caroline kisses him, "How about now," she asks. "Nope," Kol says. Caroline pouts and faces away from him, Kol sighs and tries to turn her to face him. "Fine bloody hell, I will go to the bloody dance," Kol says. Caroline squeals and gets out of the bed and leaves the room. Kol falls back on the bed, "I am never going to live this down," he says.  

Klaus and Rebekah laugh, and Kol rolls his eyes. Caroline turns pink and then scarlet. Bonnie turns to her blonde best friend, "Well the two of you are kind of cute," she says. 

***************************

Rebekah was trying on Homecoming dresses when Elena came into the room. "And what exactly are you doing here," the blonde Original asks. "I wanted to apologize," Elena says. Rebekah turns to glare at the doppelganger, "You are a doppelganger, you don't apologize to anyone," Rebekah says. "I am different from the other doppelgangers," Elena says. Rebekah scoffs and turns back to the mirror, "Whatever," she mutters. "And I am sorry about this," Elena adds. Then before Rebekah can react, Elena pushes a dagger into the Original's heart. Damon comes in and takes the Original away. 

"And I was right," Rebekah says. "About what," Elena asks. "Doppelgangers do not know how to apologize," Rebekah says. 

****************

Klaus was pacing the living room of the house that Bonnie and Klaus were living in. He was trying to call Rebekah, and she was not picking up her phone. "Bloody hell, Bekah pick up the damn phone," Klaus growls. "Why don't you try and call Kol," Bonnie says coming into the room in a silk robe. Klaus gives her a look, "Fine," he says. "I'm busy, Nik," Kol says when he answers the phone. "Why is Bekah not answering her phone," Klaus demands. "I don't know," Kol deadpans. The younger Original was currently being fitted for a new suit, "Where is Rebekah," Klaus asks. "Probably still at the house," Kol deadpans. "If Rebekah is not answering her phone perhaps she is with your first Hybrid," Kol says. "I moved out," Kol adds. "You moved into Caroline's house, didn't you," Klaus asks. "Possibly," Kol replies. Bonnie looks at Klaus, "He did what," she asks. "Kol moved into Caroline's house," he whispers. Bonnie pulls out her own phone and calls Caroline, "Alright, Bonnie and I are coming back," Klaus says, before hanging up. 

"I think that Bonnie is more interested in getting information from Caroline," Rebekah notices. Klaus snorts, "You moved out of the safety of the Mikaelson house for a girl," Elijah asks. "So far, yes," Kol deadpans.