Chapter 14

Klaus and Bonnie walked into the Homecoming Dance and met up with Caroline and Kol. "What are you doing here," Klaus asks his younger brother. "I asked him to be here," Caroline says. Klaus raises his eyebrows at his younger brother who is glaring daggers at the Hybrid. "Don't say anything," Kol growls at his brother. "Come on Bonnie, let's go talk to Elena," Caroline says, grabbing the witch's hand. Kol and Klaus narrow their eyes as Tyler comes up to them, "Tyler, do you know where our sister is," Kol asks. "I was demanded to be here for when she got here so that I can escort her to the dance floor," Tyler says. Klaus rolls his eyes, "Let us know when she gets here," he says. Tyler nods and moves to check the rest of the party just in case he missed her somewhere.

Rebekah was pouting, after a thousand years, what she wanted most was to be able to have a normal life. But even that was taken from her. Klaus noticed his sister's facial expression and leaned closer to her. "Just think, Kol was manipulated to go to the dance," he tells her. She smiles lightly, knowing that he was trying to make her feel better. 

Caroline and Bonnie were talking to Elena, and the doppelganger reached out and grabbed their hands. Bonnie gasped as she realized that the person in front of her was Katherine and not their childhood best friend. "Are you okay," Katherine asks. "Your hands are a little cold," Bonnie says. "Caroline we should probably meet up with the guys," Bonnie says turning to Caroline. The blonde nods, "What was that," Caroline asks. Bonnie shakes her head, as they get to where the two Mikaelsons were. "Is something wrong, love," Klaus asks. "Elena is not here," Bonnie whispers. Kol and Klaus exchange a look before they both look across the party at the doppelganger, "That's Katherine," Bonnie says. "Something is wrong," Kol says. 

"You have a good sense," Kol says. Bonnie turns to him, "What do you mean," she asks. "Well, you did not want to tip her off that you knew who she was but you also realized that my brother and I should be aware," he adds. "It means you are strong," he finishes.

Another hybrid comes up to the two Mikaelsons, Bonnie and Caroline. "What is it Mindy," Klaus asks. "Someone is here and is demanding to see you," she says. "Who is it," Kol asks. "He says his name is Mikael," Mindy says. Klaus and Kol exchange a shocked look, "This was a trap," Kol says. "That means Bekah is probably daggered," Klaus says. "Let's go," Kol says. Caroline and Bonnie each grab onto a Mikaelson's hand as they approach the front door. Mikael appears in the doorway, "Kol, Niklaus," he greets. "Mikael," the two retort. Bonnie and Caroline exchange a look, "It seems that you have not learned from your mistakes," Mikael says. "No, Nik has learned from his mistakes and that is why he has an army," Kol says defending his brother. "An army that I can compel," Mikael retorts. "Well then it is a good thing, you can't compel me," Kol says. "Know your place, Kol. You can no longer hide behind your magic," Mikael growls. Kol nearly snaps but is intercepted by his brother. Kol turns to intertwine his hand with Caroline and he sees Damon with a white oak stake. Kol uses his vampire speed to intercept the stake and snaps Damon's neck. Caroline picks up the stake and throws it to Klaus who plunges it through Mikael's chest. The Original hunter bursts into flames, Bonnie leaves the house and approaches Klaus. Caroline and Kol move to stand by Klaus and Bonnie. 

The Originals in the room exchange a look, watching as their brother killed Mikael made them feel a bunch of emotions. The one emotion all of them were feeling was relief, they would no longer have to run. They no longer had to worry about dropping everything in their life because Mikaesl had caught wind of their location, they were free. 

*******************

The next morning, Kol is in the kitchen making breakfast for Caroline and Bonnie when Klaus comes in the room. "I am going to undagger Finn and find Rebekah," Klaus says. "You should probably call Elijah as well," Kol says. "You coming to undagger Finn," Klaus asks. "Have you met me," Kol asks. "You do realize what happened nine hundred years ago, right," Kol asks. "Kol," Klaus groans. "The only reason that I did not care that you kept the dagger in his heart was how he treated me," Kol says. Klaus rolls his eyes, "He had just lost his magic as well," Klaus says. "And because I reacted badly to not having it anymore. He judged me," Kol says. "I'm sorry I asked," Klaus mutters. "Is Bonnie going with you," Kol asks. Klaus shakes his head, "She's staying here," Klaus says. Kol shrugs his shoulders, "All right then, you know it's a good thing that we dropped that spell," Kol says. "Why," Klaus asks. "Caroline felt bad that she was involved in killing Mikael," Kol says. "She thinks that she betrayed her friends," Kol adds. "Or she is protecting one of her other friends," Klaus says. Kol shrugs, "That's what I told her," Kol says.  

Elijah rolls his eyes, at Kol's outburst. But realized that his younger brother was right, Kol was going through a lot when they were first turned. "I'm sorry," Elijah whispers. Kol turns to his older brother, "What," he asks. "Finn was not the only one who judged you, and I'm sorry," Elijah explains. "Apology accepted," Kol mutters. 

*******************

During the party, while Katherine was playing Elena, Stefan and the human doppelganger were looking for the coffins that Katherine told them about. If Mikael did not kill Klaus like they wanted they were going to bend Klaus to their will. Elena and Stefan found a set of coffins most of them were empty but there was a coffin that was locked close and another coffin that held a man who looked like he was not awake since the eleventh century. 

"And you thought that was a good idea," Caroline asks. Elena tears up, "Obviously, we were running out of options and you aren't much better," Elena says. "What are you talking about," Caroline asks. "You are sleeping with an Original," Elena argues. "And you are sleeping with both of the Salvatores," Rebekah retorts. "No, I am not," Elena shouts. "Yet," Kol adds.