Chapter 19

Kol walked Caroline home from the ball. "You know if I did not know better, I'd say that you were Cinderella," Kol says teasing the blonde. "Are you trying to make me mad at you," Caroline shoots back. Kol laughs, "No," he says. "I was just teasing," he says.  "Good, because I don't want to let go of you yet," she says. Kol laughs, the two walk up her sidewalk and Kol stands under the porch light. "Well, darling I guess I will see you tomorrow," Kol says. Caroline laughs, "See you tomorrow," Caroline whispers. Before Caroline can open the door and go into her house someone grabs Caroline while someone else snaps Kol's neck. "No," Caroline exclaims then her neck is snapped and she falls into darkness. 

"They never learn," Elijah says, sighing. "Apparently, we just need to warn them louder," Kol says. 

Caroline wakes up in the cellar under the Salvatore Boarding House. Elena breathes a sigh of relief, "Elena, what's going on," Caroline asks. "Caroline, I know you don't remember but Kol compelled you," Elena says. Caroline shakes her head, "That's not what happened," she says. "Caroline," Elena says. "Elena, maybe you should go," Stefan says. "She's my best friend," Elena argues. "This is going to get ugly," Damon says. Elena sighs, "It will all be better," she says to the blonde before leaving.  

"How exactly are you planning on undoing the compulsion," Rebekah asks. "We are going to undo the compulsion by any means necessary," Damon says. "Good luck," Klaus says. 

Kol wakes up on Caroline's front porch, "Bloody hell," he whispers. In the blink of an eye he reappears in the Mikaelson foyer. "Caroline is gone," he says. Bonnie and Klaus walk into the foyer, "What do you mean," Bonnie asks. "I was walking her home, and someone grabbed her and snapped my neck," Kol says. "Finn, Elijah," Klaus says. The two older male Mikaelsons come into the room, "We are going to find Caroline," Klaus says. "I'm coming with you," Bonnie says. "No, you should stay here," Klaus says. "But," Bonnie starts. "Love, we will go and get Caroline and bring her back here," Klaus says. Bonnie sighs, "I would check the Salvatore house first," she says. The four Mikaelsons leave in the blink of an eye.

"BONNIE," Elena exclaims. "Don't put this on me, you literally are letting Damon torture our best friend," Bonnie argues. "But you told the Mikaelsons where we were," Elena says. "Whatever, Elena," Bonnie says.  

When they get to the Salvatore house, they enter immediately. Elena and Stefan were sitting in the living room talking, the younger Salvatore was consoling the doppelganger about what was going on downstairs. Before Stefan could react, Kol grabbed Elena and shoved his bleeding wrist into her mouth. "Release Caroline or I will snap her neck," he growls. "She's downstairs," Stefan says. Elijah and Finn disappear as Elena is forced into Niklaus's arms. Kol goes downstairs as well, "Sorry no can do," Damon says. "Wrong answer," Kol says. He pulls out Damon's heart and moves around him to Caroline. "It's alright, darling," he whispers. He bites into his wrist and holds it for the blonde to drink from. She regains her strength as he unties her wrists, Kol then picks her up bridal style and heads back upstairs. 

"As I said, warn them louder," Kol says. "You killed me," Damon exclaims. "You pissed me off," Kol deadpans. "You would turn me into a vampire," Elena asks. "Would it ruin your life," Kol asks. "Yes," Elena exclaims. "Then yes," Kol deadpans. 

When he gets upstairs, Stefan is nervously watching Elena and Klaus as Kol enters the room. Elijah and Finn enter as Kol ignores the situation by leaving the house. "You have a body to clean up downstairs," Elijah says. "What did Kol do," Stefan asks, as Klaus pushes Elena onto the couch. "Damon pissed Kol off," Finn says, backing up his younger brother. Klaus smirks and disappears with the older two brothers.  

"Funny, how you immediately blamed Kol," Elijah says. "Well, he is the one who killed Damon," Elena and Stefan say. "And Damon has done nothing ever, right," Kol says. "Well," Elena trails off. "Exactly," the Mikaelsons says.