Chapter 10

POV: Alyssa

POV: Alyssa

His thumb runs across my lips as his dark blue eyes pour into mine. My heart pounds in my chest. His finger latches onto my chin as he pulls our faces closer together. Our lips are centimeters apart and I feel his warm breath fan across my face. He closes the gap and presses his soft lips against mine.

Our mouths work in harmony. His teeth catch my bottom lip as he bites it gently. My hand runs into his hair and I pull at the roots, beckoning him to kiss me further. And he does. His tongue slips into my mouth and his hands engulf my jawline. "Eden," I moan.

We're perfect together. Him and me. Eden and I.

I jump awake. My chest heaves and sweat has formed on my forehead. I look around my room and try to calm myself down. It was a dream. Eden and I didn't kiss and that will never happen. I've had dreams about him before, but nothing like that. It felt so real. It felt amazing.

I climb out of bed and switch on the light. My eyes scream for help. I down the water that was on my nightstand. That dream really did a number on me. Anyway, tonight is the dance. I have so much stuff to do.

A knock sounds on my door and I rush to open it. Eden stands there, his hair wet, but dressed. "Are you ready?" He asks, looking me up and down. "We're supposed to be leaving right now. We gotta finish setting up," he states.

I look down at my pajamas. "I'll throw my clothes on. I must have slept through my alarm."

A smirk crawls onto his face. "Had a good dream?" He asks. I freeze. Does he know I had a dream about him? Please tell me he doesn't.

"Actually, a nightmare," I say glaring at him. I grab the handle of my door. "Now if you don't mind I have to get dressed." He passes me a quick wink and my mouth nearly drops to the floor. I close the door and let my back hit the cold wood. My face is hot.

I snap out of it and throw comfy clothes on. Sweats and a crewneck. I toss my hair into a ponytail. I take a look at my heels then decide I'll wear my fuzzy slides. I had time to think about what Eden said yesterday about my mom. I want to move on too.

I run to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Eden meets me at the door. He takes a look at my appearance but doesn't say anything. He just smiles and holds the door open for me.

"Where's Edith?" I ask.

"She was too tired to get up. So, I thought she could skip today," he says. I nod my head. As soon as we get to the gym we get to work. Eden helps me with the centerpieces and I help him finish stringing the lights.

I hold the ladder while he stands on it. As his arm reaches up I spot a large scar on his lower stomach. I furrow my brows. "What's that from?" I ask pointing at the pink scar.

He looks down at me confused. "What's what?" He asks.

"That scar. How did you get it?" I ask louder this time.