Prologue

POV: Alyssa

POV: Alyssa

I sigh and run my hands along my dress. I need fresh air. I walk through the sea of bodies and outside. The weather is chilly so I wrap my arms around my body. I lean my back against the wall and look at the moon above me. It's beautiful. My dad used to tell me he went to the moon once. I believed him because I thought there was no way he'd lie to me. Now that's a crock of shit like everything else he says.

A throat clears beside me and my head turns to see Eden. His angry mask he wore earlier is gone and replaced with a smirk. Oh god, what now? "Came to torture me some more?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Just wondering why you aren't with your date," he says, pursing his lips.

I push off the wall. "Why because your date is so boring that you have to pester me about mine?" I ask, my lips curl upward.

He scoffs. "At least my date has substance. Your date does substances." I glare at him.

"What do you really want?" I ask, getting more annoyed by the second. His face is so punchable. "You want to keep talking about my date because you wish you were him, huh?"

His eyebrows raise up in shock then relax. "You wish. Maybe that's why you couldn't keep your eyes off me." He takes a few steps and stands right in front of me. My blood boils but I keep my ground.

"Not true," is all I can say.

I gasp when he pushes me against the wall. His hands on both sides of my head. His dark blue eyes pool into mine and the moon casts a shadow on half of his face. He lowers his face close to mine. Our lips are just centimeters apart. My breath hitches. My eyes rake over his face.

Suddenly his lips sink lower to my neck. I gulp but don't push him away. "I bet you wished I licked your neck instead of hers," he whispers. "Don't worry baby, I'll give you some attention too." He dips from my ear back down to my neck. I feel his wet tongue run up the side of my neck. I clench my legs together and let my eyes roll back. He presses one wet kiss then makes his way back up to my face. "Look how quickly you gave yourself over to me." His harsh gaze makes my face glow red.

"Get off me!" I say shoving him away from me but he doesn't budge.

He chuckles. "I don't care what you do," he says in my face then tears his body away from mine. He returns to the party and I sit there feeling like an idiot.