Chapter 29

POV: Eden

POV: Eden

"And then she came home with me! Can you believe it? I didn't even have to try that hard." Ace chats my ear off. I just nod my head absentmindedly. My eyes scan the crowd to find Alyssa again. She isn't where I saw her last. My blood runs cold. I stand up quickly.

"What's going on? Were you even listening?" Ace asks with a chuckle.

"No," I answer before searching around the pool. She's not on the patio. I head inside with Ace hot on my trail.

"What are you looking for?" Ace fires another question. "Aww is it a girl?" That makes me stop in my tracks. He runs into my back.

I am chasing after a girl. Shit, this does not sit well with me. "Be quiet," I tell him. I sigh when I see the back of Alyssa's head.

She runs her fingers through her dark hair and spins her body around. Her icy eyes latch on mine. A huge smile appears on her face. My brows lace together. That's unexpected. She pushes people out of her way until she reaches me. Her sweet smell reaches my nose.

My mouth drops when she wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me into a hug. I place a hesitant hand on her lower back. "What's going on?" I ask in confusion.

She threads her fingers through my hair. "I'm just having so much fun! I'm so glad you came." That shocks me even more. The whole day she's been acting like my existence is insulting.

For a second my heart melts and I want to hear her say those words again. I pull away to see her beautiful face. My brows furrow once again. She looks weird. She blinks in slow motion and wobbles on her feet. Her cheeks are red as if she laid out in the sun all day.

"It's so hot in here," she pops her bottom lip out in a pout. She pushes me back by my chest and books it outside.

What the hell? I chase after her. Literally. She stops in front of the pool and starts slipping her shoes off. "What are you doing?" I ask in annoyance that I have to babysit her like a child.

She just gives me a smile before grabbing the hem of her dress and pulling it up her body. I grab her wrists. Now we caught everyone's attention. "Let me go!" She insists.

What is she thinking? She keeps struggling to get her dress off. At this point, her ass and black panties are on display for everyone to see. "Stop causing a scene, Alyssa!" I shout.

I hear a few guys yelling for her to take it off. I snap my head towards them in disgust. Some guys lower their heads and shame and others scratch the back of their necks and advert their eyes. Alyssa takes the chance to remove her dress completely. She pushes me away and jumps into the pool. "Fuck," I mutter.

She floats the surface and smears her eye makeup. She smiles up at me and does a backstroke. I try to avert my eyes away from her body.

"The water feels amazing!" She sighs as she soaks in the water.