GREATER {7}

Philip opened his eyes and he felt as if he had just been in a dream. He was in a bed, a hospital bed, and a doctor was beside him.

"Is Mike alive?" He asked enunciating every word, "Is my brother alive?"

"Who?"

"The mayor candidate!" He yelled, "What hospital is this?

"Well, St. Mary and Joseph Hospital, sir."

"My phone, where's my phone?"

It was on the drawer of the table beside him. Then he immediately called his wife. The doctor turned the TV on and left the room.

"Emily, honey, how's Jane?"

"Phil, where have you been?" she asked, shivering with joy evident in her voice.

"I just had a little adventure with my brother."

"What? How? Have you seen the news?"

"Don't have to. Hon, I need to know if she's okay."

"She is, the doctors were astounded, in disbelief that there was no trace of her disease."

Philip's memories of their adventure were starting to fade.

"Listen, we owe this to my brother. Remind me hon, if ever I forget it."

"Sure hon, I will."

Please, I know there's nothing I should compare between us. He spoke to himself. He remembers his brother saying, Death is not the opposite of life. Failure is not the opposite of success. Nor the opposite of love is hate.

The TV, in the corner of the room, was announcing his brother was alive. "Mike Myers admitted to the St. Mary and Joseph Hospital due to an accident? Miracle or another publicity stunt?" The news said. He didn't mention anything about Philip and admitted he wasn't really going to adopt a child. It may have negatively affected his stand on the election, but Philip knows Mike knew what he's doing. Before his memories faded away, he soon realized that his brother's love had always been greater than the coursing envy that he had for him.