⊹ꔛ⁑∘ ↝ 00.

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

ೄྀ⊹୧: 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮 ←«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»✑ y/n pov-

ೄྀ⊹୧: 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮 ←
«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»
✑ y/n pov
-

"Y/N, are you excited to go to New York?" Eiji Asked me, happily eating a small bowl of natto.
"I used to live there. It's not so glamorous," I responded, turning the page of a short book I'd picked up at the local bookstore.
"I want to enjoy it, so don't burst my bubble! Let me live in my paradise."
"They say ignorance is bliss..." I had unknowingly quoted a song, and Eiji began to hum the tune of it...extremely off-key.
"I'm gonna shove the rest of that natto up your a–" Before I could finish my sentence, Eiji's phone began to ring.
"It's Ibe," he told me.
"Put it on speaker."

"Hello?" Ibe spoke.
"Hi."
"Hello." Eiji and I responded.
"Y/N's here too? Good evening."
"Eiji begged for me to stay the night because he's scared that he won't wake up."
"It's possible!" Eiji defended himself.
Ibe chuckled. "Are you both all packed?"
"Yessir."
"I think so."
"You've made me review everything in your suitcase," I responded to Eiji. "Multiple times."
"Yeah, I've got everything," He changed his answer.
"Okay, I'm coming over at early hours. You know how traffic gets, and I'm not missing that flight."
"When is early hours?"
"Six to six-thirty."
"That's so ea-" I started to complain.
"It'll be time for the interview before you know it. Don't you want to go on a little sightseeing?"
I huffed. "I've seen it all."
"We haven't,'" both Eiji and Ibe said.
"What time should we wake up, Y/N?" Eiji asked.
"Uh, four in the morning...?"
"What?!" That's so early!"
"You take ages to get ready."
"Well just be ready by six," Ibe informed us.
"Alright."
"See you tomorrow!"
"Bye!"
Eiji hung up and sighed.

"So if we have to wake up at four, let's go to sleep at eight."
"I'll make dinner," I offered.
"No, it's fine! I made you stay here so I'll make it. You are a guest, after all."
"You didn't make me, if I didn't want to be here then I definitely wouldn't be, Eiji. But besides that, I'm not even going to argue with you about who will make dinner because you'll just win in the end."
"I've always been called stubborn!"
"That's not a good thing!"

━♡♥♡→ 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹

Eiji had made a simple curry, and his cooking was exquisite. Thankfully I hadn't cooked dinner, or the kitchen would've ended up in flames.
"Thank you for the food," I thanked Eiji and he smiled in return before telling me to eat.

"How do you know how to cook so well?" I asked. He didn't seem like the kind of person to be such a great cook.
"I had to upkeep a diet to stay in shape when I was doing pole vaulting." He sounded sorrowful at the memory.
"You're so damn good at everything..." I mumbled, taking a bite of rice. "Can't relate."
"What do you mean?! You've got a suspiciously sharp eye and you're great at art. Remember when you were painting and I accidentally spilled your dirty paint water all over the painting and you wouldn't talk to me for days?" Laughing at the both funny and aggravating memory, I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah but that's nowhere near being a pole vaulter."
"Everyone has things that they're good at and things they're not so good at."
"Sorry for changing the subject, but there is actually something that I want to see in New York," I admitted. The both of us had finished eating our food, and so I took mine and Eiji's plate to the sink to clean them.
"Really? What is it?"
"My apartment. I've only been here a few weeks, but I just want to see it."
"Let's go there first thing after we finish getting everything comfortable at the hotel."
"All right."

♡⋆♡ 𝓮𝓷𝓭 ♡⋆♡

A/N: This is just a prologue to get a taste of Y/N's personality and her relationship with Eiji. Personally, I hate prologues unless they're needed in order to understand context. That's why I cut it short. I couldn't bear to spend my time writing unnecessary paragraphs about the travel to NYC, so I decided that this short prologue is enough.