Chapter 2- ...

-a/n: the piece if art is my own. Just to give you an image if the wings and hair situation of y/n<3-

"We're back!" You heard the familiar voice of your girlfriend calling out through the house. You shot up from your laid back position on your bed and flew towards the entrance. Your bed was hanging from the ceiling, 10 feet from the ground. You'd always loved that. Soon enough you'd reached the door slamming directly into your girlfriend.

"Woah" she laugh out stumbling backwards a little but your wings balanced for the both of you.

"I've only been gone a couple of hours" she chuckled closing the hug around you.

"I still missed you" you pouted, your voice slightly muffled by her shoulder, but still loud enough to be heard. She chuckled again causing you to crack a smile.

"Oh hello y/n" it was Miss Nightingale speaking. You straightened out of the hug and closed your wings so to say.

"Hello" you answered simply yet with a wide smile. You were happy they were all home. If you were being honest your abandonment issues weren't exactly helping this time of month.... But anyways!

"I'll go make some dinner, children you can all go play outside!" She yelled out the last part but you held up a hand.

"Actually dinner's already been cooked" you stated proudly. She was pleasantly surprised and happily gathered all of the children, and ran them into the dining room.

__________

"I hope this'll make do" you said smiling.

"Of course! Thank you so much dear" your Ymbryne said as she took a seat. You received a kiss on the cheek from Emily, as she sat down beside you as always.

"I'm surprised you didn't burn the house down birdie." She said with a teasing look and a grin.

"Hey!" You laughed out, shoving her lightly. You both laughed a little until getting a little 'shush' from your headmistress, who could barely smother her own smile. Just as you were all about to start eating, a loud... growl? Or howl? Was heard. Miss Nightingale, Emily and you glanced out, being the only ones who'd heard it. You all shrugged it off but then the sound could be heard again. This time everyone heard it, but only Miss Nightingale and you, recognising the sound.

"Birds help us." The older woman whispered underneath her breath.

'Shit... shit, shit, shit..!' You thought as both of you rose from your seats, Emily being ready to jump from her seat seeing your nerves shoot through the roof like that.

"Children, i ask you to follow y/n to the cellar!" Miss Nightingale stated clearly, you immediately started rushing out with them all following behind. You realised that Dahlia wasn't following.

"Hey sweetie, come here" you said sounding as calm as you could manage at the moment. She ran over and jumped into your arms. You carried her out of the dining room, and took your place in front of the group again, leading them to the staircase leading to the cellar. You glanced back at Emily who was in the back of the group so the younger children wouldn't run off scared. You saw Miss Nightingale appear behind the group looking at you. She gave you a reassuring smile, but just as you were about to return it she was pulled backwards out of the door with a scream. You wings stiffened as you let out a scream;

"No!" You shouted your voice breaking at the end. Your hand had stretched out almost as of to grab a hold of the woman. She'd been like a mother for you. She couldn't be gone-

'No, no, no, no, no'  you thought. You hadn't even noticed your body freezing to the spot until Emilys voice snapped you out of your apparent trance.

"Y/n, y/n!" She almost yelled.

"Open the door!" She begged and you remembered the key in your hand. You were reluctant to put Dahlia down, Emily noticing this took her from your arms as you fumbled with the bundle of keys, struggling to find the right one.

"Damn it, Damn it come on!" You yelled your voice growing panicked as you saw the first child die right in front of you.

"No, no, no!" You cried out tears streaming down your eyes.

"Y/n please! Please hurry!" You girlfriend begged. You didn't need to look at her to know she was now crying too.

"Hide Dahlias face! She doesn't need to be seeing this!" You said panicked as the children kept dying like flies. You finally found the right key and a victorious smile grew on you lips.

"Come on everyone let's go-" you cut yourself off when you turned your head around to see all of them dead. Everyone except Dahlia, Emily and you.

"No" you cried out, feeling your knees slowly giving in. A frightening silence grew. You were both frozen to the spot, knowing the hollow was probably standing right beside you.

"Please y/n... I don't w-want to die." Emily cried out silently between shaky and rough breaths.

"I know come slowly." You said backing down the stairs her slowly and carefully following, still with Dahlia in her arms.

"Yes, keep going. I promise you'll be alright" you said silently, still crying. Just as she stepped onto the first step and you reached out for the door, she was pulled back by the invisible being with a scream, that made your blood freeze.

"NO! PLEA-" her voice cut off in the middle of her sentence, and you knew she was gone.

"NO!" You screamed. Dahlia had fallen hard and hit her head on the steps making it bleed. You thought quickly, there was no time. You picked up the girl and ran down the cellar forgetting everything about the open door. You couldn't get the image out of you head. Emily being pulled away. You'd promised her she would be alright. You'd promised her... she was scared to die. You felt your chest tighten and tears started falling harder than ever, as a sob racked through your body. You quickly turned into the first room you could find, and slammed the door shut. You crept into a corner and laid the girl onto your legs, checking the seriousness of the wounds.

"Damn it" you whispered so silently, you could barely hear it yourself.

"It hurts" the girl cried out. She'd be dead in the matter of minutes. You knew it. Silent tears fell as you brushed your hand through her hair. The blood was streaming down the side of her little face.

"I know, but don't worry" you said, having to take a break before continuing so your emotions wouldn't get the better of you...

"but don't worry... tomorrow you'll wake up, in a beautiful place. And you'll eat the finest meals and-" she cut you off.

"Will you make me your toast?" She asked innocently. You let out a silent shriek shutting your eyes tightly in the dark, bitting your lip not to let out a sob.

"Of course i will Dhal..." you said, your voice breaking slightly when a last smile faltered on her lips and her breathing slowly got weaker. You waited like that. Telling her stories and brushing through her hair. All her favourite stories. About loops, peculiar tales, fairy tales, until she let out her last breath. Your hand stopped and her body went numb. You cried out, louder than ever. She was just a child! Sobs racked your body as you laid her body down hearing the hollow approach. You saw the window that was right above the ground, being the only source of light in the room. In more than one way. You quickly jumped to it just as the door flew off its hinges, breaking as it hit the floor. You were just about out the window when a painful pull was felt on your right wing.

"ARGH!" You yelled out feeling bone crack just as you managed to get out. Your balance was at injury because of your wing. You ran away limping again because of the wing. Just as far away as you could get. You ran out of the loop, tears still falling and sobs never stopping to rack your body.... It hurt. Physically, mentally. Everything hurt. It wouldn't ever stop hurting. And the image of all of them... of Emily... dying. Having their eyes ripped out and eaten...

"No-" you cried out, as if that would help, to get the images out of your head. But you had to quickly find another loop...

___________
Omg- i'm sorry...
Also. This was purely venting. My grandfather died yesterday -i was informed today- and i've not been feeling great. I'll still update ofc. Writing is my therapy<3 and i have every chapter planned but the writing might be a bit dark/gloomy hope you can understand 😕❤️