Chapter 12- flash backs....

I jumped the tiger from the side, she had only been inches away from Alma. I'd collided into her with my full body weight and grabbed her fur, tightly, making us both tumble around on the ground. I tried to land on top of her, but to my displeasure, she landed on top of me. And to make it worse than it already was, my wings were caught under the weight of her paws, pressing down tightly on them. She dug her claws in making me groan out in pain. I tried to grab the fur by her neck, and tried to push her away from me. But my arms weren't in the slightest long enough to reach her neck. I struggled under her weight, squirming, hitting, heck, i even tried to kick her. But my kicks had no effect on her. I heard Alma shout something, but I couldn't make out what. I just saw out of the corner of my eye, that one of the children ran off. Crystal who had been distracted by this, had lowered her neck so she could turn her head and look at what was going on. That gave me the shining opportunity, to grab the fur around her neck. I tried tearing it to the side, to maybe leave her unbalanced, but she quickly turned with a growl. Then her eyes seemed to light up with an idea, and before i could even fathom what she had planned to do with her sharp teeth coming towards me, she'd bit into me. But not just any part of me. She'd sunken her teeth right into my left wing. I screamed out as she started tearing, wriggling and ripping on it. It hurt every bit, and each time she wriggled it, she pulled harder. I heard bone snapping, and everything in me that was trying to defend itself before had vanished. I tried to push her off as she was already standing to the side, but even if i just moved a little, it hurt like hell. It was painful and then suddenly, her head snapped back. Like a dog winning a towing battle. And that was exactly what she'd done. She'd snapped it off. The entire thing. Not just a part of it but the whole thing. I know i was screaming, and crying, shouting. No words. Just pure pain. The world went black for a moment, until i then snapped awake to the exact same pain, in my right side. I started screaming again, i had forgotten everything about Alma and the children. I tried to push off the tiger again, but it hurt. My whole body. My wings were connected to everything in my body, but not anymore. She'd now managed to pull off the other wing. The pain was agonising. I couldn't hear, it was all just one loud squeaking noice, until i saw something hit the tiger, making it dramatically fall to the side. I heard its roar. But then nothing. I knew i was screaming. I knew that i was crying. But i felt nothing else, than the pain, spiralling through my spine, spreading all over my body, i saw someone basically fall down beside me, but only through a very blurred vision, making it hard to recognise who it had been. But right then and there. It didn't matter to me, all i could feel, think, see, hear... was that she'd just taken them. She'd taken my wings. The thing that made me most me. She'd ripped them off, like they were nothing but a stuffed toy to play with.
The last thing i thought before the pain grew to big to withstand, was-
They're gone....

My wings are gone-

____________

I hear a faint groan and voices. But they're to low to recognise.

"Shush children. Now go out to play." A female voice says. The sentence sounded harsh, but she adds something to it.

"I'll be right down. Alright?" She says in a loving voice, and i can hear the ruffling of hair, and thereafter a boys laughter. I hear the door close, and a deep shaky exhale. The woman. She came closer, and suddenly i knew who she was, as the sweet smell, of vanilla -with a tinge off tobacco- lingers upon me. It was Alma. Of course it was Alma. After all i was at the children's home, and yesterday we-

I groan, this can't be true right? That didn't happen. I couldn't have!.. i slowly opened my eyes, which was harder than I anticipated at first. When I finally got them opened enough to squint through at least, i saw Alma sitting down next to me. Her eyes were closed, but a tear streaked her cheek. I groan again, blinking to get my eyes to truly open. She looks at me and her face lights up with what looked like, relief? I give her faint smile, not yet having realised what exactly had happened. I finally managed to open my eyes, happy that the curtains weren't fully opened.

"Hi, birdie" she choked out, through cries. I tried to reply, but only air came out.

"Don't try to speak, you'll just put even more strain on your voice" she said, placing her hand on my face. I nod, but suddenly when i move my head, everything hurts. I would've let out a howl but again only air escaped. I couldn't really move without everything hurting, but at the same time i wanted to move, to try and find a position the pain wouldn't reach me at. I looked at Alma almost pleadingly. I only wanted to know one thing. She looked away for a short second. I didn't need more than that. My wings truly were gone. I cried silent tears. Only because I couldn't get a sound out of me. When she turned around to see my tears, she couldn't keep her own at bay anymore. She laid down beside me, turning me around carefully so i could bury myself in her coat. Now realising she wasn't wearing blue, but instead black. I cried harder my body shaking. I felt Alma's hands carefully stroking my back. Avoiding where my wings had once been.

"Sshh" she said calmingly, and i slowly started to calm down. She just kept stroking my back, not saying anything, but just being there was enough. And I think she knew that. As i slowly dosed of again, i could only think.

That at least she was here....

_________

I'm SO sorry for not having updated for like... A MONTH! But i've had something to deal w. And it's not fair that you now only get this shit, but it's a start</3