Chapter 8- What happens at night....

-Y/n's POV-
Miss Pere- Alma! Was already sleeping. But i felt empty. I felt absolutely empty. The grief was eating me out. So maybe i actually didn't feel empty. I think i was just trying to convince myself that i was. Feeling empty, that is. But Emily- I promised her, that she would live. She'd been so frightened. And i promised her. I promised her! But i let her die... I let her die. It was my fault. I should've been quicker. I should've unlocked the door faster. Found that stupid key. Or pulled her in. I should've- I-....

"I should've done better...." i whisper. I silently get up from my uncomfortable position on the floor, while being as quiet as possible, not to wake the Ymbryne. I walked downstairs and started rummaging through the cupboards. I was feeling reckless and, just-

"Ugh!" I groan out in frustration. I climb onto the counters to look in the upper cupboards. But no alcohol. Yes! I was looking for Alcohol! But, nothing!

"Come on! The woman has 11 children! She's gotta have... something!" I said, to no one else than myself.

"Oh but she's clever.... It's gotta be hidden. Someplace safe and... 'invisible'" i say. Yet again, to myself. If i was found with a bottle, having not even opened it, people would probably think i was already drunk, from the way i was acting..,?!
Suddenly i saw a little door shaped outline in the wall. I slid over the kitchen counters and pressed on the door looking outline, only for it to spring open and reveal a scotch and several brandy's.

"Well.... The woman's got taste." I said with a shrug. Then opening one of the brandy's and starting to sip on it, while heading upstairs. When reaching the top of the stairs, i'd already drunk half of the bottle.... That's probably fine!... or... something like that- a hiccup roused through my body and I continued into the bathroom. Opening the window. I climbed onto the roof and walked around for a while, before returning to the bathroom window, and closing it shut. Wandering back to a spot.
I just didn't realise, that i was right outside Alma's window....

-Miss Peregrines POV-
A ruffling from the roof wakes me up.
"What in birds name?" I questioned tiredly. I sit up, quickly regretting this, in fear of having woken up y/n. But when my head turns i see that she's not there. My previously sleepy eyes now shoot wide open. I look back to the window seeing a figure. Alright.

So either a wight is swinging around the thin metal pole, or it's y/n. I thought.

"I think i'll take my chances." I then say getting up, grabbing a pair of pants to slip into, and y/n's jumper that was just lying around. If she was out there, with bare arms-

"I'm going to kill her before any whight can" i mumble. Then opening the window, and slipping out. I look around, and to my horror, i see her hanging face down from the roof top.

"Y/n!" I almost scream. I run over basically falling to my knees and pulling her up. Which was harder than it seemed, since her wings were hanging downwards too.
"Y/n! What are you thinking!" I shout, but to my surprise she just smiles. Why is she smiling like that?!

"Why are you smiling like that- and what is- is that? Is that my brandy!" I wasn't asking anymore. She just looked innocently down at the bottle and then up again.

"No?" She tried chuckling softly. My brows furrowed, anger showing in my face. I snatched the bottle out of her hand making her stumble.

"Wow wow wow!" She exclaimed. She was drunk as fuck!..

"Do you know what i think of my wards drinking?!" I say stepping closer. Her eyes widened at my tone.

"You want them to drink with you?" She asked, stumbling backwards in an attempt to create room between us. I grabbed her by the collar of her shirt. Realising she was out in only a nightgown.

"Are you trying to catch a freaking cold?!" I say almost shouting, but quickly lowering my voice again, realising the children were still sleeping. I sigh then setting down the bottle, and taking her by the arm. But when i looked up again, it was like the alcohol wasn't making her 'happy' anymore. Her eyes shown pain. I pull myself together, all madness gone seeing... that, expression.

"Come here now. Let's go inside" i said carefully. She came with, but i had to wrap one of my arms around her waist for support. I lay her down in the bed going to close the window.

"I should've done better..." she suddenly said. I turned around, a riddled look on my face. I wasn't sure if she was still on the subject of alcohol....

"I could've saved her. I was just to incompetent to" she says her voice breaking at the end. I pull myself away from the shut window, and move closer to her. I sat down on the bed, next to her, studying her face carefully.

"Who? Who could you have saved?" I asked silently, careful not to spook her.

"I- Emily. She was perfect. I never even deserved her in the first place. She was pretty, funny, she was Emily. She was my girlfriend and I couldn't save her-" she said before I cut her off-

"No! You did absolutely nothing wrong!." I said making her look me in the eyes. I gave her a firm look.

"But I-" she starts but i cut her off again, this time by placing a hand over her mouth.

"No. Hollows are... are. They are creatures made for killing. The are fast and strong and not to mention Extremely dangerous! You did nothing wrong. You did nothing wrong." I say, repeatedly saying the same sentence, until i could see in her eyes, that she understood. I nodded. Then removed my hand from her mouth. A long silence followed that, and i stood up from my bed going to get a nightgown. At first i was about to go to the bathroom, but then again, she would probably not remember tomorrow anyways. I slipped out of her jumper, and as i'm about to take off my pants:

"Was that my sweater?" She asks, and i can practically hear, that smug little grin on her face. I turn around with a fake glare making her chuckle lightly.

"You're right, I must've misjudged" she says sarcastically.

"Greatly!" I add on, making the both of us chuckle. Then her face changes to a confusion like look, almost as if she'd just noticed something that she hadn't before. But just as i was about to ask she gets up from the bed slowly walking over.

"So if you don't like drinking... what's you're opinion on tattoos?" She asks innocently, and I don't suspect anything from the question.

"I find that younger people shouldn't have them. Nor do i like them very much myself." I answer her, my face now almost mirrored hers.

"But you have one yourself." She just says. Simple and knowingly. My expression now changes into a shocked one, as my arms shoot up to cover my ribs. I did... i had a little bird on my ribcage.

"I-" I start to say, but she the. cuts me off.

"Don't worry, I won't tell. And look, it just surprised me because-" she cuts herself off taking off the dress, leaving me with a tinge of pink on my cheeks.
"I have the exact same tattoo." She says looking down at the tattoo, which was -like mine- dangerously close to her breasts. I look up again my face mirroring her previously confused, yet intrigued expression. She gives me a smile, then suddenly yawning. I chuckle lightly, then going to the bed laying down with her.

"Sleep tight little bird" i say, and am surprised to see, that a slight red creeps up her neck. But she was just warm right? She wasn't even Ga-... i cut myself off. She was. She had literally just told me! You're her Ymbryne now. Stop it! I told myself. Not out loud of course!.. but... she was not to meddle with, stunningly pretty....

______________
Ha! Sorry hi:) i'm very busy at the moment and therefore not updating a lot. But mentally i'm slowly coming back into the game❤️