Chapter 14- it wasn't fair.

-Miss Peregrines POV-

I have to take care of the children before i can help myself. Even though i'm not really there. Everything went by so quickly. Usually bedtime is one of the most lovely things for me to do with the children. But today... i could've just collapsed. I closed the door, into Claire and the Twins's room, and slowly started walking away, not having noticed that Emma's door was open, and the girl was standing in the door way. Suddenly though, i felt dizzy. I placed my hand on the wall, and before panicking thought over, why i could be dizzy. It wasn't food, it wasn't water-

"I haven't eaten in three days" i said suddenly, facepalming myself. For the love of birds! I started walking again, and surprisingly -or not so much- didn't get very far before collapsing. Now everything was blurry. I saw the familiar vanilla blue of.... Someones? Dress. It flourished around and the faint thumping of boots, the dress and golden hair disappearing from my blurry sight. And then everything went black.

-Y/n's POV-

My eyes shot open when Emma suddenly barged into Alma's room.

"What on-"

"Shut up! And also get up and help me!" She said. I gave her a look filled with confusion. I really wasn't in the mood for her silly games, or "mood improvements".

"I will not, and since when do you tell me to shut up?!" I said, slowly sitting up, not without a few groans and grimacing.

"Miss Peregrine just collapsed, please come help me" she pleaded, now crying. She looked scared, and then something just popped. Quite literally speaking. A bone in my back popped, making me shout out in pain at first. But when the pain had set, i could feel that i could move, without that much pain. I slowly got up, and started walking with Emma, who was scared but patient. It made sense with the bone. My wings had surely had a different "construction" on... and in, my back. Maybe the bones setting just meant it would get easier. What it also meant was. That my wings weren't coming back. I see Alma laying on the floor. No spark no nothing. None of her usual... Alma-ness, showing. I told Emma to go to bed, having to assure her that everything would be fine. Even though I wasn't even that sure about that. She did as i said after a long hug, and a reassuring smile. As soon as she'd ran off, i panicked.

"What the hell" i hissed, as i tried to wake her up, but she just wouldn't.

"Mhm. Nope, you don't get to collapse and not come back to me!" I said. I needed to get her into her room. I also knew that it would not only hurt tremendously! To carry her, but also that seemed like the only option. I checked her pulse, which -to my relief- was steady. She was breathing alright too, so she would without doubt come back... apparently just not right now. I sighed, then sat up on my knees, scooting my hands under Alma's body. I took a deep breath and then lifted her. Crack.

"Son of fucker that hurt" I stopped myself from shouting it, though i was close to doing so. I slowly started walking towards her room, speeding up my pace, when the pain grew. I reached the bed and laid her down carefully.

"Mhm..." i said, then rolling my shoulders, receiving a crack in return.

Suddenly Alma coughed, her whole body began shaking.

"Alma? Alma!" I shouted it this time, but the door was closed.

"Alma! You need to wake up. Alma!"

____________

Yes i do enjoy leaving things on a cliffhanger....
Contemplating what to do with them now. Afterall i have options😈