Chapter 11- Knock knock

Warning for the following chapter. I find it to be a little emotionally straining.
-Y/n's POV-
I woke up early, noticing that the Ymbryne wasn't at my side. I sat up confused. It was too early for her to be up, and I couldn't seem to make out any of the children's voices. But then i heard a knock from the door, and shortly after, a hastily clicking of heals. It was hard to make out what she was saying, but she sounded extremely displeased. I threw over one of her blouses, and slipped into a pair of pants. I stopped for a second, when another female voice sounded through the house. Barely loud enough to make out, but it was enough for me to know that it wasn't Alma's. I didn't bother tucking in the blouse, instead just jumping into my socks and quietly but quickly, heading towards the staircase. I couldn't see the other woman but i could hear her clearly now. Though just seeing how the bird was so tense already made me want to kill the other woman outside the door. I put on a clear plastic smile and headed down.

"What makes you think you of all people, have the right!" Alma snapped at her. The woman opened her mouth to say something, but I cut in.

"Good morning, birdie" i said, alma immediately turning around, looking slightly panicked, yet relieved.

"Y/n" that was relief, but then the other woman went to say something again, and Alma's expression changed into a concerned one.

"And who are you?" The woman asked, clearly not having any respect for me. But i smiled at her politely. A very misleading smile.

"I might ask you the same" I said, the smile fighting to stay on my lips. She scoffed, and turned back to Alma.

"What, Is this a new one?" she stated, more than asked. Alma looked down and away from her. Why was she so silent? What about that woman, made her silent?

"You know what happened to the last one. You wouldn't want that again. Would you now?" Said the woman in the doorway, with a manipulative tone, and a smirk on her face.

"I'll just cut in here again" i said, leaving both of them stunned.

"What is your name? And who are you?" I asked, fighting to keep up the friendly demeanour.

"I'm Crystal, Alma's wife" she said. I felt my blood run cold. Alma's what?

"Ex-wife! And you have lost all rights to call me that!" Alma said, taking a protective step in front of me. She sounded enraged. And this Crystal woman, looked like she was about to do something really stupid. Alma and i both turned our heads when hearing the children's footsteps.

Oh no! I thought, this was already looking like it was about to escalate. We didn't need the children to do anything but de-escalate this. Which they wouldn't. The first few to come down -and stop short when they saw what was going on- were Enoch, Claire, Millard and Emma. Enoch immediately took Claire into his arms, like the protective big brother he denied he was for her, and Emma took a hold off Millards shoulder.

"Look who's decided to join us!" Crystal said ecstatically. This time i was the one to step in front of Alma. Holding her one arms length behind me, just incase this bitch got any 'bright' ideas.

"I suggest you leave" i said, my face stern, no fear showing. Because there was none, i just needed her, to go, away! Before i got any ideas. She scoffed.

"And who are you to tell me that" she said thinking she'd silence me with that.

Think again, bitch! I thought before going to answer her.

"Who are you not to listen" i said. Her grin faded away, and she took half a step forward. She was getting ready to fight. I did the same, slightly pushing Alma away. My wings rose and backed her out of the door. She only did so out of intimidation, of the wings being so huge, when they were spread out like this. Alma almost burst out of the door, all of the children coming out shortly after. The something interesting happened. Crystal started circling around me, like some animal about to catch its prey. I only turned my head to follow her motions, other than that, holding my ground.

"Say, are you scared of me little bird" she said, and I laughed. Not some fake laugh, but a genuine one. Her calling me a little bird was way to funny. She stopped her circling, a confused look taking place on her face instead.

"Oh, i'm sorry, i'm sorry. Continue your 'dangerous' behaviour." I said in sarcasm, laughing out again.

"But now. If you want to fight me!" I shouted.

"Then come get me, kitty" i said in mock, wearing a smirk, at how easily provocative she was.

"Ugh!" She shouted then launched at me, surprising me only with the fact, that she turned into a tiger. I spread my wings quickly, and in the matter of seconds, i was on her other side, landing with spread legs, to be ready to jump again. I glanced over the back of the tiger, checking that the others were alright. They were, for now at least. Enoch was wearing a grin, secretly being my biggest supporter at the moment. Emma was looking concerned along with Olive, and the younger children only dared short looks at us. And then there was Alma. Not willing to step away from the children, she was standing much like me, her arms opened, signalling that no one, would do her children, any harm. Ever. I looked back at the tiger just in time to see that Crystal had launched at me again, i quickly swirled to the side, seeing her glide along the grass, her claws being the only thing stopping her from flying into the tree. She got up into a fighting position again, and did the same stunt no less than three times more, each time i avoided her, she was growing tired. Then suddenly she ran past me, and when i turned around, i saw that she was headed directly towards Alma, who for fucks sake wouldn't let her children be harmed even if it cost her, her life.

"NO!" I shouted, then turned and sprinted until my wings could catch the air. She was inches away from Alma when i dashed into her from her left side. Alma shouted something incoherent, as i tumbled around with the tiger that was Crystal. She landed on top of me, to my huge disadvantage. She then pinned down my wings, making me struggle under her. The tiger was heavy, my wings would've been able to push that and 3 more down, but pinned to the ground like that, there wasn't much i could do with them, nor myself. Then suddenly just as i'd grabbed a hold on the bewildered fur, she bit down. Everything went quiet... did she really just do what i think she did. I couldn't move, she bit down on my other side, this time ripping it off. My wings. She'd just ripped them off. Both of them. Then i screamed. I couldn't stop it hurt. That couldn't even describe it. It was painful and i could do nothing. She managed to rip them both off. I could hear bone snapping, each pull aching more. I shouted out, and cried, when suddenly, she fell from me. I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't move. I just screamed and cried. I felt someone try to hold me still, pressing the fresh wounds into the grass. I shouted out again. A cry filled with pain, and agony. I heard a sob, and then suddenly felt my body and mind drift away. Now, it still hurt. But I wasn't really there. It only hurt inside. Phantom pain they say. But that wasn't it. Because I couldn't feel my body. But i knew it hurt. Then it went black. A dark, endless black. The last though i had, being.

My wings are gone... their gone....

____________
I feel like this needs a moment of silence, so, no puns, no jokes from my side. I hope you enjoyed<3