Chapter 15- wrapping it up.

This had to be some kind of sick fever dream. Alma had been unconscious all day, I had taken care of the children, and everyone was worried sick!

"she'll be fine" I promised Claire when tucking in the little girl, even though I didn't actually know if I could keep my promise or not... I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me, and let out a sigh. I started walking towards Almas room, entering only after I'd taken a deep breath.

"Hey...." it was a raspier voice than usual, but it was Alma.

"Alma! Oh thank the birds you're alive!" I said running over and throwing myself on top of her. She laughed a little hugging me back.

"I'm so sorry! I just- I didn't know how to handle it all and i was mad! Not at you- i- urgh! I'm just so sor-"

"Don't you dare say sorry again!" She said.

"I'm sorry! It's my fault this all even happened to you! I'm so-"

"Don't" i said then kissing her.

"I love you so much, and it's not your fault. It's Crystals!" I said. A tear rolled down her cheek and i hugged her. Tightly. We fell asleep like that. Her me nuzzled into her chest, her with a peaceful expression for once, and all being right and well. I couldn't wait to tell the children their mother was well in the morning...

________
And that my dears was the ending🫶🏼❤️