Chapter 4- Wake up?!

-Miss Peregrines POV-

I wake up earlier than usual. This of course isn't an accident, but I want to tend to her wounds... and maybe make her wing some kind of support. I grab the medical bag that I'd taken with me last night, and started cleaning her wounds. I didn't feel all to comfortable with her almost undressed with a woman she's never even met -me- and in a house she's never been to. I slowly figure out from the depth of the wounds, the texture, and the way they're placed, that it must've been a hollow. On the right side of her face there are two cuts right at the side of her eye. That beast had obviously been close to getting her. I realise that my hand has stopped cleaning the wound, now just resting on her face, as my eyes skin over her. I wouldn't be able to clean her hair, the only way would be to cut it all off, and I most certainly, wouldn't do that! She'd have to take a shower for that part. I continue my way down her torso, her face grimacing a few times. It probably stung, but it was necessary. Though, she remained unconscious. I move the blanket from her underbody, to her top half, and start cleaning off her legs for any bruises or cuts. Once I've done this, I see that the grimacing she's been doing, has ripped open the two injuries close to her right eye. I chuckle lightly.

"Well that won't do will it" i whisper as i sit down on my knees beside the bed, and press the cloth onto the small bleeding, as to stop it from bleeding. I pull the blanket over her whole body and grab one for myself. It's 3.37 AM. I would be crazy not to rest for a while. Originally i had planned on lying down, but somehow i must've fallen asleep, still at her side, and hand on her cheek.

-y/n's POV-

You feel a warm sensation on your cheek, this time it didn't feel like blood though. You were tired. And not the right kind of tired. You were exhausted. But you also had to know where you were. You slowly blink your eyes till they can fully open, and when seeing a woman right in front of you, your eyes shot to be wide open. You abruptly got up quickly backing away. You hadn't even noticed her hand on your face, but the sudden movement of course woke her up. She looked as in shock as you. You'd backed into the nearest corner off the room, with your wings pressed along the walls.

"No, no, no, no!" You said feeling tears shoot into your eyes. The woman held her hands in front of her as to signal she was to no danger at all, but you were scared out of your mind.

"No, no, no, no! Stay there!" You yelled at her, pressing you wings against the walls and lifting yourself up. If the walls weren't there, it would've looked like you were floating.

"I'm not going to do you any harm i promise!" She said quickly slowly stepping closer.

"And that" she gestured to your position, you wings being clung to the walls.

"Won't do that broken sing of yours any good." She said sternly, but yet a soft look on her face. She kept coming closer and your breathing hitched when she was right in front of you.

"Please let me help you dear..." she said pulling you down by the hips. First now you noticed that your dress wasn't currently on your slender body. You hadn't eaten anything yesterday, as the others hadn't been there. And dinner had been- you cut the thought off and looked down, as tears formed in your eyes. You felt the woman's hand on your chin turning you head back to her. It startled you at first, but something about her... this woman. It seemed so trustworthy.

"Will you let me clean up the last couple of wounds? I couldn't get to your back earlier." She said and you nodded, now noticing the bandage on your wing, which also hurt like living hell if you were being honest, and also the cleaned wounds. You started walking with her, but you legs gave in and to your surprise, instead of hitting the hard wooden floors, you were caught by the woman.

"Are you alright!" She almost yelled to your surprise. You knew Ymbrynes quickly cared for new wards, but this had to be a record time or something.

"I'm sorry, are you alright" she was now whispering! Her playful demeanour cracked a smile on your lips and she seemed satisfied with her accomplishment. You knew that she would always be good to you.

_________

Oh yes- but just how good is what you don't know y/n....👀❤️🚗💨