Chapter 6

(Y/N) POV

You were pacing around the room while Elizabeth watched, the doors open to reveal the pirates from earlier holding a simple velvet dress "Here Captain said to change you'll both be eating with him tonight." Elizabeth cross her arms "Tell your captain I decline his offer." they both smirk "He said you'll say that, he also said if you said no then you'll be dining with the crew and you'll be naked."

At that you stop and turn to the pirates who stood there laughing. Elizabeth quickly took the dress and glared at the men who just turned and left. After Elizabeth changed you both sat at an old wooden table across from each other and the captain at the head of the table, Elizabeth cautiously cut small piece and ate them shyly.

The Captain laughed "There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress. You must be hungry." she looked at you and picked up the pig leg chomping on it hungrily while you calmly ate a piece of bread with jam. "Try the wine," he handed her a cup and she gulped it down "Then an apple. One of those next" he held up a green apple to her

You quickly stood from your seat and stab the apple through the center making it log into the wood of the table barely missing the captains's hand. Soon after the wood started bubbling and melting "It's poisoned." Elisabeth gasped. The captain looked at her then back at you innocently "There's no since in killing ya, Miss Turner. Not yet."

"Yet!?" while they had their conversation you poured yourself some wine and smelled it "Ah Port wine, my favorite." he turns to you "Aren't ye to young to drink" you watch as Elizabeth slides a knife under the table. "No I'm 23." you waved your hand dismissively causing him to turn back to Elizabeth and pulls out the medallion

"This is Aztec Gold, one of 881 identical pieces. Blood money paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon them with his armies. But the greed of Cortés was insatiable. So the heathen gods placed upon the gold a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes but a single piece from that stone chest shall be punished for eternity."

Elizabeth shakes her head "I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore, Captain." you stare at her and just sip your wine. The Captain stood and smiled "Aye" and walked behind her "That's exactly what I thought when we were told that tale. Buried on an island of dead what cannot be found, except for those who know where it is." He lowers his face leveled with hers

"Find it, we did. There be the chest. Inside be the gold. And we took them all. We spent them and traded them and frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave away, the more we came to realize, the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We became cursed men, Miss Turner."

He said and the monkey started screeching and jumping. "There is a one way we can end our curse." He said handing the monkey the gold and walking back to us with the monkey on his shoulder "All the scattered pieces of the Aztec gold must be restored and the blood repaid"  the monkey jumped off and ran off "Thanks to ye, we have the final piece."

Elizabeth looked nervously at him "And the blood to be repaid?". The captain smiles "That's why there's no sense to be killin' you yet." he said holding out the apple "Apple?". Elizabeth stood and made a run for the door, the captain got up and chased her.

You quickly got up to start walking towards them but stopped when Elizabeth stab the captain and an ugly emotion bubbled in your chest making you freeze. You clutch your fist, but before you could move into action, the captain pulled out the knife looking at his blood "I'm curious. After killing me, what is it you're planning on doing next?"

Elizabeth turned and ran out the doors to the deck. You looked the captain up and down to see he was fine, before running out to find Elizabeth but stopped when you saw the crew in skeletal form working on the dock, they all stopped and turned to you both. Elizabeth screamed and tried to run but a skeleton pirate swung down and grabbed her by her waist.

He threw her onto the middle of the deck and chased her around. Irritated you punched a few skulls off their skeleton bodies making them run after them. You turn to see Elizabeth run under the stairs with a skeletal monkey on her tail.

"The moonlight shows us for what we really are. We are not among the living, and so we cannot die. But neither are we dead. For too long I've been parched and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing." The captain hissed out "You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one!" he then pulling out a cork from a bottle and 'drank' it causing his ribs and floor to be stained with wine

The crew laughed as Elizabeth locked herself in the room you were able to steer her in "What are you looking at? Back to work!" The captain yelled making them all stop laughing and scattered off. You walk up to the captain "Captain may I have a word with you." he looked at you suspiciously but nodded for you to follow him to his cabin.

"What do you want?" he said once you both sat down. "Do you know a pirate named Hector Barbossa?" He looked you died in the eye "I know him, why you asking?" You stood up and pulled out an old letter and a silver locket from your coat pocket "Can you do me a favor and give these to him next time you cross paths. My mom said it was important I gave it to him or to any pirate who knew him." you say handing the letter over. You look down at the locket and ran your thumb over the design before handing it to him "This is the last thing she gave me before she dead, so make sure it get's to him." The captain watches as you sniff and turn wipe away a tear before excusing yourself to check on Elizabeth.

Third Person POV

When (Y/N) left, Captain Barbossa open the letter to see familiar handwriting

  'Hello, my love.  If you're reading this you must have found (Y/N), but that also means I'm not around anymore. I didn't want to raise our child to become a pirate. I wanted them to choose their own path. I'm sorry I caused you pain, and that I took the chance for you to raise our baby, but I though I was doing what was best for my child. A few years after leaving the crew I became very ill, doctors could find out what was making me sick or how to help me. But don't worry I left (Y/N) in the hands of very close friend of mine her and her son will take very good care of them. Please dear, as my dying wish, love our child for me, because I'm no longer there to do so. Love them, support them and watch them become someone amazing. I love you, Hector Barbossa and I will always will. Please protect our baby,(Y/N) Barbossa.

Sincerely Your Wife,
Rosa Coma'

The captain sobbing softly opened the locket to see two picture, one of his late wife, her long (h/c) hair over her shoulder, her (e/c) eyes bright and healthy staring fondly up at her husband and 2 year old child. The second was a young (Y/N) holding a sword to a boy's neck with Rosa clapping in the background. He smiles softly looking in the envelope to see more pictures of Rosa, another woman around her age, (Y/N) and a little boy.