Chapter 2

The Balladeer woke up and the first thought that came to his rage-functioning brain was nothing far from unreasonable anger.

Did that foolish woman bring me here? Heck , how can I even fainted like I just did? Weakness is never in my trait.

A not so familiar woman's voice was heard through his ear, he turned his head into the direction of that voice and acknowledge the face he's seeing right away.

"I'm not someone who succumb to weakness like most of the mortals do. It's no surprise that I'm alive and functioned well."

"You just woke up I assume. I am more than sure now that rudeness it your mother tongue?"

Arguing with this big hat man wasn't on her agenda for today, but his blatant rudeness makes it hard for her to chew on her words before it got spit out. Not only does he wore a big hat that isn't suitable considering his body size, he also has a big mouth that can't seem to hold its tongue out ever since he woke up.

"Hah! We'll see how long you can keep moving before your body give up due to the rest you hadn't given to it."

[Y/N] didn't know any better and chose to let her annoyance filled head took over her mouth.

Challenging him doesn't look like a wrong thing to do at the moment, it's not as if his body can put much force to strike her now, right? Right? She desires nothing more than to be proven correct now.

"What kind of poison have you injected in my body while I was unconscious? I can't move my hand properly now because of none other than the medicine you have given me!"

"How presumptuous of you to accuse me of doing an ill-mannered thing to you instead of thanking me! Shouldn't you be grateful I've saved you from being left outside??"

"You witch! I knew it, you poisoned me and better stop trying to guilt trip me. It never worked."

The insolent tone of his voice and skittish talk really manage to make her boiled up yet not in a serious way but rather...'gamesome' way? This man definitely added joy to her life only by this conversation more than her 'friends' in the village tried to.

"I already told you I didn't! Or is there something wrong with your ear? Now keep quiet and let me treat your wound and stop resisting my help, will you?"

After a few more convincing being done, he finally stopped backing out from her touch and let her proceed with what she needed to do. She took out a few unknown herbs to the fellow and begin the process to heal his wounds.

While applying the turmeric paste onto his wound the man decided it's the right to introduce himself to the lady in front of him.

"Scaramouche is what most call me."

"I've never seen a local with that kind of name before. But you doesn't look like someone from other region either."

Scaramouche. What a unique name. Now what do I call him later? Scaramouche seems too formal for a casual conversation right? Scara? Rara? Mouche? Scarara? Scaca? Arrogant man with big hat and big mouth?

After debating with herself for a short while , she cleared up her throat and carry on with the discontinued conversation.

"So tell me me more about yourself and I'll tell you mine too! We count it as an exchange, okay?"

Here comes her cheerful self making an entrance.

"Are you familiar with the fatui? Or perharps you are one of those scaredy-cat that can't even see them without shitting your pant?"

"Why do you need to ruin my mood every single time? And why would I ever be familiar with those criminals, those troublemaker never  came to our village too."

"Oh so , if I were to introduce myself to you right now, you wouldn't understand a thing about it?"

What does he mean by that? Is he.. is he some kind of criminals too?!

"Can you cut your game with me off and just tell me about you? I'm considering to cancel our exchange now!"

"Cancel it then."

That wasn't the answer she expected from him. What she had said was supposed to be a meaningless threat and he shouldn't have agreed to it! Can't this Scaramouche person get the hint?

"No! That is not what I meant at all. By all means please continue what you had to say."

"You are really into getting to know me , huh? Guess what my soldiers said were true after all, I attract people everywhere I go."

What strange is she didn't get annoyed by the arrogance of The Balladeer instead she found it entertaining and amusing. His confidence is something she rarely seen from anyone she had known.

"Now, how about we keep our talks short by telling me about yourself without your proud self getting in the way?"

"You sure do put a lot of pressure on someone you just met. Can't say I'm not surprised. I am The Balladeer, number 6th of the Fatui Harbinger. That is all I'm going to elaborate. Don't bother asking more. I don't take orders."

The last sentence was said with a hint of warning but for what? Even without his warning, she would gladly obey his command because she can see that this man is far more violent than anyone she has encountered.

"Alright, Scaramouche? Have you ever got diagnosed with 'grumpy-disease'? I'm more than sure you're going through it right now."

She tried to tease him to see if there'll be obvious changes in his mood.

"Mortal always hope for more than they can get, don't think I can't see what you're trying to do. Wasn't it supposed to be your turn now? "

"I am not someone who breaks my promise, dear Balladeer. But maybe I will consider doing so right now. I'll tell you about me later, bye!!"

Before he could lash more not-so-kind words out to her, she dashed off and left him sitting alone. No one had ever dared to disrespect him ever since he become a harbinger and she decided to do so without any doubt flickered on her delicate face.

"What a fun nuisance."

The Balladeer said with a hint of amusement.

________________________________

As the rose-pink light of dawn can be seen,
[Y/N] make her way to be out of her room while tying her hair into a low ponytail and leaving a few strands of hair at the front. She was about to look for Scaramouche out of boredom and the goodness of her heart to check on him.

What she wasn't expecting was a letter being left on the desk nearby his room.

"So rude."

Note :

Hi! I will write more plot on the upcoming chapter!