Chapter 3

TW: Panic Attack

Three days after

The Balladeer's

Fainting out of nowhere wasn't on his plan when he decided to go on business travels, neither do being 'too nice' to one of the villagers. Scaramouche was not one who blame himself ever since he became a harbinger, thus he pin the fault of 'treating a human like how they deserve' to the girl he met.

Afterall, human doesn't deserve anything. All of them are a villain in their own way. Fueled with greed, starve for supreme power and secretly wanted to be seen better than one another.

Yet he can't say he doesn't have those traits, but the difference is he already accomplished all of it, all by himself and he won't allow anyone to make it out alive if they dare to take credit for it and he doesn't keep any of it as a secret. There are pride in everything he does.

It is no surprise that the Tsaritsa command all of the harbingers to be present tomorrow. It's the time of the year where all of the high-ranking Fatui members will be celebrated for all of the deeds they had done. Of course only those that bring benefits to the Fatui was counted.

Making small talks isn't his specialty, and this banquet will be a disaster, just like every year. Not to mention, most of the harbinger wasn't one who likes to control their temper.

"I'm going to kill someone if I have to talk to one of those soldier again tonight."

He said with an irritated tone of voice.

[Y/N]'s

While she was treating her patient's injuries, a strange thought suddenly came to mind. A lot of 'what if' questions without answers filled up her mind. All of it was related to her past action.

What if that man attack me?
What if he was in a bad mood that day and injure me?
What if he was the one commanding the Fatui that stole the goods from the island? What the heck is a harbinger anyway? The banker?

Panic arises inside of her, she can't think properly and much less caring about her surrounding. She wrapped her arm around her body, feeling anxious, worried, scared and afraid of the future. She tried to stand and run from something she didn't know anything of, yet before she could do so she stumbled back to the floor.

Her head is dizzy from thinking too hard, she felt everything around her spinning. [Y/N] heard someone called out her name, but she didn't find it in her to respond. Her voice won't come out.

Her whole body fell to the ground while her pair of eyes closed.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Can you hear me? Try saying this 'I love noodles'"

"I love noodles"

"Good. Guess I've really mastered the Lady Guuji's technique with my own little flavour added."

Surprisingly, she woke up without any headache like she usually do. Fainting is not an uncommon occurrence for her, it happened constantly. Her mind can't control it but her body chose to accept this condition of her after fighting it for so long. It had grown tired of resisting, and she too felt the same.

"I wanted to learn from her like you do too. If only my state of health was better.."

She said weakly while a tired smile came into sight on her face.

"[Y/N] , maybe I should try to convince your father to let you follow me on my next trip to Narukami Island. I can't believe you still didn't plan on running away from here like I would."

Said Akari with seriousness. Rebellious , strong -willed, stubborn were all the right words to describe Akari. While she may be a good friend to [Y/N], both of them didn't share the same traits with each other. Ever since Akari was a teenager, she had became more stubborn than a mule. She rarely listened to her parents' advices about not doing something that could make her dig her own grave. Akari took all those nagging insignificantly like she always do. She lives by the words 'When people doubt how far can I go, I'll go even further to give them a taste of malaciousness.'

"I know him, Akari. He won't let me. Father is too afraid that he'll lose me if I go somewhere without knowing my condition at all time. I'm tired of feeling helpless. Damsel in distress is my most hated traits in books too."

"I'll find a way to help you. For the time being you should ask your parent one last time. Oh and, who is the hottie you snuck into your house few days ago?"

[Y/N]'s face flushed, her mood shifted. Teasing her was Akari's best profession. Though , she doesn't think it was a surprise to see her being good at it.

"I am not aware of any 'hottie' being in our village but I do know a super arrogant man if that's who you actually want to ask about."

"Come on! I saw him walking out of our village that day too, and I can't deny that he got an attractive vibe around him. So share the details of what happened, will you?"

Those words muttered by Akari was definitely said in a suggestive way on purpose.

"I treat his wound like I did with other patients, nothing more and nothing less. It's not like he's a special person. Or are you interested in him?"

"He is good-looking, I admit. But not my type. Too short for me."

Their conversation went on and on till dusk appeared. On her way home, [Y/N] made a promiss to herself to plead her parents' approval for her to join Akari on a trip to Narukami Island and be Lady Guuji's disciple. Perharps Lady Guuji can help her find a cure for her, but now she started to question herself.

Is it really my body that in need of help or my mind need to learn more about accepting?

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"My lord, we have sent the soldiers to do as you commanded us."

"Humor me, where are they?"

The Balladeer asked with a tone that means hazard to the soldier he is talking with.

"They just parted their way from here this afternoon and will be expected to arrive at Narukami Island in two or three days maximum."

The Balladeer's mouth twitched hearing those, his temper is rising and those who come across him later will be threatened for no reason.

"If I remember it correctly, I order you to take my soldiers on a ship to Narukami Island three days ago. How come they only started to get moving today and not on the same day I command you to do so? Do wearing those masks make your brain lagged that you can't do a simple order?"

"My apologies, my lord. The cargo ship and vessel vacancies are available from today as they have been fully booked to export Snezhnaya goods to other regions before."

"Leave. Right now. If I see you once again, you're in for a very unpleasant day."

Surprisingly, Scaramouche let the soldier go without any additional commotion which was not a common occurrence. He have a battle training made by himself for himself this evening as a preparation before he sets his foot on Inazuma once again. Not that he needed it, but to let off some steam from pent up anger it definitely worked. Poor those who were chosen to be his opponents today, not that they mattered either way.

Notes :

Hi! I hope you liked this update! Take care, see u next time!