Chapter 14

Childe

It isn't unknown to the ginger haired man that his lack of height comrade loathe him on sight.
But do he cares? No. Tartaglia still volunteered himself as the one who will watch over Scaramouche, or now he can also call Kunikuzushi. This mission undoubtedly helped him gains more information about this comrade of his.

"Why the long face? Smile a little. What is the purpose of being so tense anyway?"

Childe asked, as if he didn't know he was the reason for Scaramouche's bad mood. Instead of receiving an answer from his comrade, all he got was silence. Which was expected to say the least. Scaramouche was never one to talk a lot with him anyway. So why would that change now?

Boredom slowly getting into him, and having Scaramouche as his companion? Well that's not going to help Childe at all. Maybe, just maybe if Scaramouche chooses to crack a joke to make it better for both of them..

Childe immediately gets that thought out of his head. That sounds impossible, doesn't it? This boring man. Childe wonders how could someone as good as her be attracted to this kind of man. Or perharps she isn't. Perharps she is just trying to take advantage of his wealth?

'No, that sounds far fetched too. I should stop making up theories in my head.'

But if that were to be the truth, it's not the first time it's happened to the harbinger. Not to all of them, only Pantalone. Even to these days, Childe couldn't understand how can anyone be attracted to that manipulative bastard. If the reason was because of Pantalone's deep pocket, then Childe does have a deep pocket too!

"Hey Balladeer."

He ended up trying to talk to the guy who has anger issues once again. Scaramouche did not bother to say anything, instead he only looked up to Childe's face.

"How about we change 'The Eleven Fatui Harbinger' to the 'The Eleven Deathly Sin'?"

It's basically the same thing right? All of the Harbingers committed dreadful sins more than the average people ever did. Thus, why should they not make it known to the people of Snezhnaya who worship them so much?

"You wish."

Scaramouche replied, finally giving Childe a reason to talk more.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

"If you think I didn't know you're talking nastily about me in your head, then you need to think again."

Childe was startled when Scaramouche finally decided to talk, just when he started to think badly of him. It's The Balladeer after all, he knew most things others don't and definitely more aware of his surroundings.

"That is a bold accusation. Why would I think about you?" Childe asked, continuing his childish act on purpose.

"Did you forget who I am? If you do, then I shall at least remind you of the crucial details. I am stronger and way more astute than you."

The Balladeer did not bother to entertain Childe more after that. He had a lot more thoughts in his head to deal with instead of talking to his useless colleague that won't help him gain anything. Not a farthing. But he might gain something from his most despised colleague if he chose to ask the question in his head to him. Though, he's sure he almost got the answer for it.

"Finally we are closer to our ship. If it wasn't because of you not showing up, I wouldn't have need to go through all this."

Hearing Childe complaining about what the Tsaritsa's ordered was a rare sight, and Scaramouche was the cause of it? Even better.

"It's a celebration for me. I had all the right not to show up."

Scaramouche replied, holding to his belief that he was not in the wrong, and this time he's almost right. The Tsaritsa didn't ask Childe to bring The Balladeer to her because of the reason Childe might have think. That's a fallacy. Instead, her actual reason for her command was because she wanted him to-

"These soldiers sometimes do get on my nerves."

With a sigh, Childe left Scaramouche alone to counsel his soldiers that had been slothful and indolent for a while now. If he let them be, it would surely get to their head. Scaramouche's knowledge of the Fatui soldiers working under Childe was limited, but from what he had seen, he can conclude that his soldiers were much better.

"Foolish. Why would he think talking with them would solve their laziness and disobedience?"

Scaramouche almost spoke that out loud, but for now he'd rather not. He must admit that his colleague face expressions was getting scarier to see now. He shall give Childe a small praise after this for his achievement at showing dominance. Without waiting for the eleventh fatui harbinger to arrive, he went on the ship that's waiting for both of them.

"Sir, the Tsaritsa wished both of you to arrive before the sun set."

"If what you're trying to imply is that I am late, then you should steer the ship faster once we sail. The rest is not my problem, nor do I give a shit."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[Y/N]

"Don't come near me! I told you I no longer need those medicine!"

"Miss Yuina, listen to me, I know that you may think that you're fine, but your body is in need of help. Do you want your health to get worse?"

"I do not believe your lies any longer! I know my own body better than anyone. I know when it's sick and I know when it's fine! So don't try to deceive me any longer! Tell me what is your true purpose??"

"If you choose to think ill of me, then so be it. I no longer find the need to explain or defend myself. Choose who you want to trust carefully and by the mean time I'll leave this medicine to you. Once you have made your choice, you shall come back to me."

'What does she mean? What does she mean? What does she mean?'

Those words kept on ringing in her mind, but what does she actually mean?

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Note : you guys don't know how happy I am when I read your comment!! I am so thankful for your support!! Sending love from afar .