Chapter 11

[Y/N]

"The man wore a big hat and is a very friendly guy." Said the young woman.

Friendly? Then The Balladeer is already out of the list but she did not remember encountering anyone with an enormously big hat other than him.

"Though his friendliness is a little exaggerated." The young woman added.

[Y/N] nodded her head at the additional information she got from the woman. Clueless, she sighed. She hasn't completed her task yet and thinking of this unknown or known man is an unnecessary burden. The young woman continues to stare at her while waiting for her reply.

"I'll try to figure who it was, thanks."

The woman smiles and shows courtesy before leaving.

Returning home with her hand full of ginger and garlic, her mother welcomed her warmly. She couldn't help but be disappointed because of her failed at attempt at finding echinacea, but only by looking at her mother once do she knows she got no time to entertain her troubled feelings.

[Y/N] arose from her seat and walked swiftly to the kitchen. After taking everything she needed, she went to the cutting board and started to slice the ginger roots. Getting hold of the kettle filled with boiled water, [Y/N] puts in the sliced ginger roots, a teaspoon of honey, and two cloves. Solely by mixing it all together and including a slice of lime in it, it is ready to be served.

She brings her freshly made ginger tea to her dearest mother, then abruptly a knock was heard. The gentle knock slowly turning into an impatient one. Hastily, [Y/N] sprints to the entrance door of her family's home. Judging from the shadow of the person standing, he could not be any taller than her. At a leisurely pace, she opens the door for the unknown to enter.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

"Greetings, beloved."

Scaramouche ever so casually said while waving his hand toward the delicate woman in front of him. The said woman's expression remain bewildered and slowly agitated. He doesn't takes any offense from that, ultimately his only intent was to see her and it was granted.

[Y/N] was too stunned to show any acknowledgment to the Balladeer. Entering the house that does not seem so welcoming, he sat down beside of her. Till she finally adapted the situation, he does nothing but wait. Scaramouche isn't a patient man, but only for today do he try to be one.

"What are you here for?" She speaks to him at last.

"To get you."

He might be a fool to think she would accept his proposal, but goodness he is not one indeed. The Balladeer did not come here and reckon her to accept him, yet never do he deny that he didn't wish for that. Courtship is the way. The only way. He wasn't known as a gentleman in any way, but for her and to crush his melancholic emotion, he can be one.

"You shall not get that." [Y/N] answered without looking at him.

"I shall get that." He replied to her ever so sweetly, and he meant it.

This encounter of theirs end sooner than many would expect, after the little talks and hints given by him, Scaramouche left her standing alone. He seems to know what will happen next, better for him to leave than entertaining elderly. Which is a skill he's never good at regardless.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[Y/N]

"Why are you talking at the door? Invite the guest inside!" Her mother's shouted, calling for her daughter that has been gone for far too long.

"I'm coming, mother,"

Rushing to her mother, she sat down on the tatami floor once she arrived. Her thoughts are in haze still. Her short lasting tryst with Scaramouche, felt lengthy than it actually is. Realisation slowly gets to her, very slowly. Perharps she does fell for him, not hard enough to keep thinking about him in her mind, but enough to let her realise she did.

Perharps, she herself is the problem too. [Y/N] used tremendous amount of time, labelling Scaramouche as the cause of everything bad that's happening to her. Never missed the chance to think of him as a bad luck after their last encounter where he told her to go. Which does not make any sense, does it? Only today do she grasp the reason for her strange thoughts of him, trying so hard to despise him when she's feeling anything but hate towards him.

"What are you thinking about? Did anything happened? Where did the guest go?" Her mother asked, displaying concerns to her daughter that has been too quiet.

"Nothing. It's just small matter that has been bothering me lately. You don't need to worry." [Y/N] replied while giving her mother a genuine smile.

"How are you feeling now? Does it get any better?" She questioned, her mother did not bother to reply but instead gave her daughter a smile and continue resting.

After the chitter chatter with her mother had ended, [Y/N] went to the entrance door once again. She thought she missed something out last time and she is correct. A gift were intentionally left by her last visitor. Scaramouche. She clutched the gift with her, then retire to her room. A small letter was left on it, and she reached for it.

Is this a threat? Or just atrocious wooing strategy? She never would have think her first 'love letter' will include her lover's dreadful thoughts of her, but if she were to accept him as her lover, she needed to accept this

Is this a threat? Or just atrocious wooing strategy? She never would have think her first 'love letter' will include her lover's dreadful thoughts of her, but if she were to accept him as her lover, she needed to accept this. His sassy personality, his brutal honesty, and his height.

The last one does not really matter as of now. [Y/N]'ll cherish this moment of joy, yet remembering about her fuming herbs educator at Narukami Island was enough to make her happy serotonin goes lower. Just a little, of course.

She ought to tell her parents about this news, but knowing Scaramouche, she chooses to wait and sees how it goes first. Her coy giddiness is obvious to her own self, and she will try not to let the Balladeer know of that.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Note : Hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoy writing it! Thank you for all the support I have recently gotten, I appreciate all of you.