Chapter 10

The Balladeer

Two months had passed since Scaramouche had last seen her, or more precisely [Y/N]. He isn't affected by their parting, a matter as small as this couldn't affect his life.

Only if those words are true..

Did he miss her? That's out of the question. Did he regret his words? No. He does not. Scaramouche never considered what he said to be rude, rather he thought the person he was talking to was too sensitive. Who would have catch a glimpse of their last meet was lucky, he noticed that there is someone watching, but that someone doesn't carry a dangerous aura around them, he thought better not to waste energy on them.

Now he is back to his daily routine, punishing his soldier for the littlest mistakes and the list goes on. In two days he'll be back at Snezhnaya, the Tsaritsa will host a celebration party for the Harbingers for their new success in achieving their mission and moreover to celebrate Scaramouche's victory in getting his hand on the Electro Gnosis.

The Fatui's chemistry creation that he planted in the Sacred Sakura had shown its usefulness. It is slowly damaging the sacred sakura little by little. That knowledge always succeed in making Scaramoche smiles.

There is nothing more left to do in Inazuma, he'll depart from there in twelve hours. If his prediction is correct, his next visit at Inazuma will be in one and half year. He is fine with that, it's not like this place hold a sentimental value for him.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[Y/N]

The people of Seirai Island always welcome her with open hearts, nothing has changed. This island will continue to be her home. It has been three weeks since she arrived, Lady Guuji had given [Y/N] permission to return to her hometown to give her parents a visit but only for a week. She had overextended her visit and making Lady Guuji mad isn't her wish.

Unfortunately, before the day she was supposed to leave, her mother caught a severe fever and have been coughing non-stop ever since. Guilt immediately surround her at that moment, she doesn't have the heart to leave her mother in this condition. It has been almost two weeks that her mother was sick and she was in a dismal state when she noticed no change in her mother's condition.

Nearly everyone in her hometown was also happy to see her improving health. Among the people who were happy for her, there was one person who she noticed was showing displeasure. She chose not to put too much thought of it and let it slip.

"Father, I'll be out for awhile. I will look for some herbs to practise what I've learned from Lady Guuji."

"I have no reason to stop you then."

After hearing her father's response, her mood brightened up and she quickly change her attire to clothes that is suitable for a small adventure. [Y/N]'s main mission today is to look for a merchant from overseas who is selling Echinacea angustifolia. If her attempts at finding one failed, turmeric and garlic is always there as a good alternative.

She has read that echinacea can be used to shortens the duration of flu and common colds, and reduces symptoms, such as sore throat, cough and fever. [Y/N] is aware of the fact that turmeric and garlic can do the same too, but if she finds echinacea, she can finally do some experiment with it to see how well does it work. If she finds one, she can use it to treat her mother's sickness.

Mora will probably be an issue though.

"Hello, there. Are you selling echinacea angustifolia by chance?"

She asked one of the merchants near her who sold herbs that were not available in Inazuma. The merchant take a look at her once then turn his head away, not minding her presence.

"My bad, I'll take my leave now."

The merchant didn't bother to answer, she took her leave and went to her next destination.

'Only at my first stop and it's already ruining my mood.'

Sighing, her desire to find echinacea was gone now. By the looks of it, she isn't going to find echinacea from any merchant here, they seems to only be selling herbs from Liyue. Her hope is starting to fade.

'Back to my old way then.'

She looks for turmeric and ginger before going home. [Y/N] felt lost and empty ever since she left Narukami Island, Akari isn't here to accompany her, no one is here to annoy her either.

'Why do I bother to think about that arrogant foolish man?"

Annoyed by her thoughts, she continued her journey home. She wonders if her life will continue to be this way if she stayed at her hometown, dull, repetitious and tedious. It slowly took its toll on her, the decision was made then. Once her parents get better she'll bring herself to Narukami Island.

"Hey There!"

An unfamiliar young woman waves her hand at [Y/N] while calling for her. She caught side of the young woman and move towards her direction. Curiousity and the urge to know overwhelmed her.

"Hi, what is it that you have to tell me?"
"You look just like how someone i just met described. Perharps you're the one he is looking for?"

"Who could it be?"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

Who would have thought Scaramouche would take this step. Not himself, apparently. He lets his intrusive thoughts win him over. For Scaramouche, he has nothing to lose and everything to gain if this goes as he planned.

On the day he was supposed to leave for Snezhnaya, he commands the sailor to leave him at Seirai Island. The sailor does not have any reason to disobey him, getting executed by a harbinger wasn't the sailor's plan for today.

When he arrived, Scaramouche continues on his journey to find her. Once he is firm about something, many know better than to mess with him.

Putting on his best phoney smile, he wanders the villages at Seirai Island while asking those who pass by him if they ever a woman as he described. There is no mighty enemy to worry about, a few weak samurai and treasure hoarders are nothing for him.

But little did he knows The Tsaritsa has sent someone to watch over him this whole time.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Note : I'm sorry for disappearing for a month. I'll try to be faster at writing and editing next time! How have you all been? Hope this chapter does not disappoint you! Trust me the romance is getting closer!