Chapter 8

[Y/N]

She had thought that it would be like this, yet she couldn't say she was ready to accept it. Her final interaction with Scaramouche definitely brought them to a more intimate stage in their 'relationship'. When [Y/N] finally arrived at the inn, it was later than she expected. Akari was waiting for her with a not so familiar facial expression.

"I can explain." [Y/N] blurted before Akari got her chance to say a word.

Akari give her a stare for a minute or two but felt forever for [Y/N] to bear it. Then she nodded, which indicates that she 'permit' [Y/N] to give her explanation.

"Actually I met this guy I told you about earlier again and we hung out longer than intended which from my perspective wasn't my fault. I couldn't leave him alone when he took me to a place that felt so unreal."

Unfortunately, her short clarification did not succeed in satisfying Akari's curiosity. Instead it made her more curious about the unspoken details.

"Is it the same man that you helped back when we're still at the village?"

"Yes! It's not like this our first accidental meeting. I thought you loved to hear about our story? Did that already change now?"

Akari sighed and sat down on the chair beside her before choosing to speak once again.

"No. I was just worried, and I think I'm slowly becoming a mother hen to you. Worrying for no reason might be my mind favourite activity to do."

It's true, these days she always has a feeling that something is going to happen and it isn't something good. She has promised [Y/N]'s parents to make sure she is safe and well while being here. She couldn't risk anything happening to someone who she count as her own sister.

"Don't you find it strange? Ever since you came  here, you haven't been 'sick' yet."

"I noticed it too, I don't find it in me to complain though. I haven't tell you this yet but I get the offer to learn more about herbs from the doctor who works under Yashiro Commission!"

"If you're trying to change the topic it won't work- Wait did you just say Yashiro Commission? Oh my that is very lucky!"

The atmosphere change drastically, if it was up to [Y/N]'s giddy feeling she would have jumped around but she'll save that for later. The gloomy mood finally left this inn, and she finally could take a real rest without feeling uneasy.

"When did you get the offer you never tell me?!"

"Oh well..."

After that she tells Akari about her journey to get a position as an apprentice to Yashiro's Commission doctor. Perharps this doctor is more familiar than she thought. Soon the story will reach your ear too.

[Y/N] herself is curious to know more about the so called sickness she has been 'diagnosed' with since she was a child. Everything may slowly be revealed to her, piece by piece.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The Balladeer

"I thought you were better than the low scums, turn out you are no different than them."

Scaramouche exclaimed with a proud look on his face that succeed in annoying his opponents. The person who once play the role as his intelligencer is better known as Dima, his ancient nemesis from Snezhnaya. Though it did hurt Scaramouche's ego that he couldn't sense his ulterior motive earlier.

"You aren't human, are you?"

Dima, the person leading Scaramouche's ambush plan asked.

"I thought that might be a common knowledge for people coming from Snezhnaya. Aren't one of your favourite things to do is gossiping about me?"

Scaramouche paused before continuing his speech once more.

"You are afraid, aren't you? Calculating moves to escape. Your mission is to bring my corpse to your master, but what if I told the remaining fatui soldier here to bring your corpse to him instead? That would be a great surprise, right?"

The aura of the place the fight has taken grew more terrifying with every word Scaramouche spoke. His thirst for fighting is obvious and not a single person there think it'll change soon. Not until he gets what he wants.

"Don't think of surrendering, I'm not done yet."

The fight continue, accompanied by brutal laughter from the Balladeer. He is going easy on them today though, no one's dead. Only broken bones and bleeding bruises. It wouldn't be this worse if they didn't provoke him and Scaramouche chose to believe that nothing was his fault during today's fight.

"Next time when you try to appear strong, remember your eye tells everything I needed to know about your current state. Lucky you, I'm in a strangely good mood today."

He isn't but he knows there are more than a few Fatui's soldiers who's currently watching his every move. Scaramouche is sure most of them are working under II Dottore. If news spread far enough to reach the Tsaritsa's ear about him having a spy before, that will cause him a scandal he isn't in the mood for.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

[Y/N]

On her way to Komore Teahouse to meet the doctor who's working for the Yashiro Commisoon, she met someone with a name that's commonly spoken by the townspeople. The Shirasagi Himegimi. The elegant lady was going to the same direction as she does, is Shirasagi Himegimi the one [Y/N] will be meeting?

The Shirasagi Himegimi reached Komire Teahouse earlier than [Y/N]. Once she's there, she turned around to greet the commoner.

"Hi."

The lady said while waving her hand with a soft smile plastered on her face.

"Hi, will you be the one teaching me?"

When she's nervous, there isn't enough room for her to think of making any small talks.

"No, but I know who will."

Notes : Feel good to write once again. Thank you for sticking with this story ♥.  I'll be rewriting chapter 7 to add more details, so stay tuned!