Chapter 6

"So you're telling me you meet that hottie once again and it wasn't a coincidence??"

"I never said it wasn't a coincidence, I said I think it wasn't a coincidence."

"Basically the same thing, isn't it?"

[Y/N] knew even if she tells Akari the same sentences for hundreds of time, she still will only listen to what she wanted to hear anyway. Hence, she chose not to repeat it again next time.

For some unknown reasons, Akari appear to be very high spirited to know more about what has take place between [Y/N] and The Balladeer. It's not difficult to guess why, after all Akari used to claim that this friend of hers used to give The Balladeer a special treatment.

"Back to where we left off, and you're telling me he flirted with you too?? Oh my god, this is the kind of story I've been waiting to witness!"

"Can you not mixed up my words for once??"

It will take longer than expected to deliver her tale to her only friend, yet she doesn't find it in her to make a fuss out of it. Being here with Akari bring her joy, a feeling she doesn't often felt. Running across The Balladeer too let her feel an emotion she couldn't comprehend, what she felt toward him was definitely more than she should when she used to consider him as the antagonist of her life for a moment.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The Balladeer

As known to the Fatui soldiers, Scaramouche has completed his mission and most of them do too. The soldiers were expecting to leave the land of lightning and thunder soon since everything they have commanded to do has been done, but their master seems to have another plan in mind.

"My lord, the ship is ready to use for our return trip to Snezhnaya."

Hearing those words being uttered, make him annoyed but to be realistic when was he ever not annoyed? He knows that the soldiers got more orders to obey once they returned to Snezhnaya, thus he decided to do what's best for him.

"I'll be staying here while you and the rest better go back there as fast as possible, I wouldn't like to hear any complaints about how irresponsible the soldiers that worked for me once I returned, understood?"

A not so hidden threat lingered in Scaramouche's short speech. Which was definitely his intention.

After the Fatui soldiers retreated, he chose to continue what he had planned to done. Hunting his nemesis. Unfortunately for him, he knows he could never think [Y/N] as his nemesis or something close to it. Propitiously for him, he never let feelings control his doing. At least that's what he said.

On his way to meet his intel that has no relation to the Fatui, he find himself staring at a familiar woman taking a stroll around the beach nearby. Therefore, he set his priority straight and goes after the woman.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

[Y/N]

While walking around the shore, her inner thoughts keep on bothering her. Everything, every moment won't stop reminding her about how she failed to prove herself to Lady Guuji along with her encounter with the rude big hat man. Sometime she was greatly saddened because of what happened ar the shrine, the other time  she found herself fluttered.

She keeps on walking and walking till her body doesn't allow her, her feet started to ache. She turned around to find a bench to sit on, yet all she saw was a man looking at her. A man she tried to erase from her brain from remembering.

Each step the man who she knows as The Balladeer take, bring them closer and none of them has spoken a word. Until now, awkwardness doesn't linger in the air, instead a sense of longing surrounds them.

It shouldn't be like this. I'm supposed to vanish him from my brain. All we do is bantering, this kind of twisted feeling shouldn't exist!

"Aren't you one to talk a lot? Why the silence?"

"Am I? As far as I've remembered, you're the one who always approached me first, am I right?"

"That doesn't apply to our last meet though, am I right?"

Sneering at each other is a good way to start a conversation, isn't it? This is their way of getting closer to one another. Light banter, sarcasm as humour and no sugarcoating. Yet none of them will ever admit the connection both of them carried due to pride and ego.

"Are you just going to stare at me? If so, I'll take my leave now."

"Come and follow me, if you want to. There's much better place to be at than here."

[Y/N] hesitated for once, she didn't know The Balladeer very well to follow him around and what will her parents say if they get to know about this? They surely won't let her out of their sight again and she wouldn't blame them. Even she realised she usually follow her questionable guts instead of rational thought when she's with him.

"Don't overthink it, I'm not planning on any murder today and even if I did it wouldn't be you."

Scaramouche said in a very casual tone for someone who's talking about murder.

"Am I suppose to feel better?"

"Definitely, it's not common for me not to plan any murder to someone I talked with."

In the end, they both continue their journey to the place The Balladeer suggested. No word was said from either of them and the sound of bird chirping make the atmosphere more comfortable and better for [Y/N].

Perharps if fate let them, they could continue to be like this.

Note :

Hi!! I'll be creating a playlist for this book! It seems like this story will be longer than I thought it would be haha. Enjoy!