Chapter 7

[Y/N]

"This place is definitely better than I expected!"

This was her first time entering a realm full of unfamiliar creature. She did not try to hide her excitement, exploring this kind of place was more than she could hope for. Full of amethyst lump that add more beauty into the realm. It's a surprise for her that The Balladeer was aware this place existed.

"I told you, I never disappoint." 

The Balladeer claimed before adding more smug comments.

"This isn't the only realm I've ventured into , there are hundreds of magnificent places I've explored which needless to say mortals like you didn't know it exist. And-"

"Shut up , Mr. Vanity."

[Y/N] was used to his arrogance and even laughed at him a few times because of how proud he sounded. Yet during time like this where she's eager to traverse the realm, he better not say any more words that could trigger her anger and ruin her day.

Throughout her adventure, The Balladeer follow her every step. It wasn't an awkward moment, instead it's a moment of peace. There are a few words to describe it yet it might as well be none. She'll never utter those words out loud to him. Scaramouche is only in her life temporarily and it should've stayed that way.

It's been half an hour since both of them entered the realm. There aren't much left to see, but [Y/N] doesn't find it in her to leave the place though she knows The Balladeer couldn't accompany her forever.

"I need to get going, I'm sure you too got more important matter to attend to, The Balladeer."

"As you have known, I'm a harbinger. I command those soldiers and not the other way around. I can prolong my work as I like, and there's no one who can put pressure on me."

The Balladeer declared.

"What does that have to do with what I said?"

She replied.

"It means I can stay here with you for as long as I like."

[Y/N] stared at him in confusion. Didn't he get the hint of what she's trying to imply? He didn't show any sign that indicates he was joking. She need to go to the inn before Akari starts asking her questions as if she was a guilty person in court.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The Balladeer

Scaramouche wasn't someone that can be considered as a fool. His great skill in manipulation was always praised by the soldiers and the Tsaritsa too took notice in it. Then how come he couldn't grasp the hint she has given him?

Indeed he does. He did get what she was implying. It's obvious to anyone. They've been alone together for quite awhile, even when he doesn't do anything that can make her uncomfortable, being with a man like him with no companion is indeed risky. He has no intention to hurt her in any way, but he's not going to voice that out.

"You can leave."  He added.

"I'm not asking for permission."

Before he got the chance to give her a comeback, she has left. Scaramouche got no further reason to stay there either, thus he exit the place and go down the path that will lead him to his intelligencer. Meeting his intelligencer at an isolated place is a tricky move. It could raise suspicions by the Fatui soldiers that wasn't under his command if they saw him.

"Show yourself."

Scaramouche wasn't a fan of waiting for someone. Moreover his intelligencer should've been here already since Scaramouche is later than promised.

"I'm here, Balladeer."

An army of soldiers were behind the 'intelligencer', each of them wield a weapon. It's noticeable that they're planning to attack the Balladeer. His breathing is becoming faster, but not out of fear. Anger and the need to spill blood are what he's feeling.

"So, what do you think about my way of ambushing you? Pretty good, don't you think?"

The 'intelligencer' was wrong if he thought Scaramouche is an easy match for him. Very wrong. Scaramouche has decades of experience on battlefield, this person who plays the role as his opponent made a very bad choice.

"Playing dirty, I see. I'm the master at playing dirty, you just stepped into the fricking hornet's nest."

A strange smile plastered on Scaramouche's face after letting those words out. His threat shouldn't be taken lightly by his opponents. He will count this as a fight that will sustain his needs for a fight.

Now it is time to let the battle begin.

Notes : I apologise for a very late update once again. I need some pressure to write more. Sorry for a short chapter! Thanks for reading!