Chapter 15

[Y/N]'s

"Would you like to go back to Narukami Island?"

Her father asked her a question that she longed to hear. It has been a week since she last met with the old woman who 'supposedly' wanted the best for her health. If she ever fell ill again, the old woman who had been 'taking care' of her illness before is the last person she would like to see.

"I do. Why do you ask?"

"I've noticed that you become less cheerful and more gloomy after you have comeback here. I assume that going back to the city will make you happier."

At first, she wanted to deny the statement her father had made but she, herself noticed the changes in her behaviour. Ever since she came to her hometown, she has lost her usual spark. The reason for her overstay at the village was to look after her mother who suddenly got sick and now that her mother is getting better, surely she could go back to Narukami Island without any worry right?

"I did not mean to make you worry, father. Yes it is very much true that I would like to go back to Narukami Island and since mother is getting better, I would like to go back to the island this Saturday. Lady Guuji would surely be mad at me for staying here for far too long."

[Y/N] was not scared of Lady Guuji instead she would prefer saying that she is only intimidated by Lady Guuji merely because she is Lady Guuji's disciple and it would only be appropriate for her to show respect to her educator.

"I have no problem with you going back, I am sure you already know that. Your mother on the other hand..."

[Y/N] immediately understood what her father is trying to tell her, her mother might have a hard time of letting her go just like last time.

"I will talk to her, father."

"... no need. I will talk to your mother myself."

Her father may sound harsh at times, but during times like this she wanted nothing more than to hug him, and she did just that. Sometimes a warm hug is all that one needs when faced with distress.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

"Offending you wasn't my intention, your majesty."

"But you see, I was greatly offended by your absence."

Scaramouche tried his best not to roll his eyes. Suppressing his annoyance is not easy, it was an arduous task indeed.

"What could I offer to lift your spirit? Just name it."

Once the Tsaritsa heard that, a smile formed on her face. It looked like she was waiting for him to say just that.

"Can we meet your sweetheart? Specifically can The Doctor and I meet your sweetheart, Balladeer?"

Scaramouche was puzzled. But he shouldn't be questioning the Tsaritsa request in the first place. He knew that she had sent someone to watch over him, and that someone is Tartaglia.
So why is he surprised now?

"Since I just returned to Snezhnaya now, I believe your request may take some time as going back to Inazuma is not my plan for the near future."

"Oh you don't need to worry about bringing her here yourself. I have sent someone to watch over her ever since both of you first met. I can tell them to fetch her whenever I desire."

Scaramouche has no choice but to nod his head and lower his guard in front of the Tsaritsa to make him seem not so tense by the undesirable situation. They may not know it, but Scaramouche has heard all the chatter regarding him since he docked here.

Once the time comes for him to leave the Tsaritsa grand abode, he was greeted by a face that used to be well-known in Snezhnaya due to their failed attempt at committing fraud against The Banker. What in the world did this  person want to do with The Balladeer?

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

[Y/N]'s

"I am very puzzled about you, dear."

Just when she was about to leave her house along with her bags full of clothes and herbs, one of her elderly neighbours started a conversation without any prior greeting. She did not seem to mind it, that neighbour of hers was like her family.

"Why would you say that, grandma?"

"One moment you're sick, you fainted then the next thing I know you're going away from here again."

[Y/N] finally came to understand what did her elderly neighbour mean by being puzzled by her.

"I think my body and I are just used to it by now. I do not want to live in a state where I need to constantly be careful about everything I do anymore."

That answer given by her was more than enough to make the said neighbour understand. Living a life where you had to constantly worry about everything is an undesirable life, it was only fair that she could choose to leave that life.

"Do what makes you happy, dear. I will wait for your return just like usual. Here is a small gift from me and grandpa. We both know that you love our handmade food!"

Is it alright for her to cry? She loved this feeling. The feeling when you know that there are people who love, care and want the best for you. Shouldn't all human deserve to feel this way?

"Thank you, I love you, grandma. You're one of the best humans I've ever known!"

"Oh, don't flatter me now. Go now before you're running late!"

[Y/N] nodded her head before giving her elderly neighbour one last hug. Her spirit was better than ever now, the dose of happiness that she got by talking to her 'grandma' was more than enough. Now, it's time for her to go to the dock.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The Balladeer

"What are you here for?"

The Balladeer wasted no time to beat around the bush and asked the crucial question right away.

"Simply put, I want to strike a deal you."

Scaramouche sighed, he knew people would take advantage of his difficult situation once they knew it. He couldn't be bothered to entertain a conversation with this person and choosing to leave instead.

"Wait, you must hear it first. I am her doctor's close friend."

Well, here we go again...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Note : hi everyone! What do you think of this chapter! Do let me know :)

I used to stop writing for five months last year and hopefully it won't happen again this year.

I have said this a few times but I appreciate each and every sweet comments and your reaction whenever I update this book.

Thank you for reading and loving Court of Remorse