Chapter 14: You are under arrest

When Jungkook came out of the pharmacy, police were coming his way. He pulled up his hoodie and calmly walk so he won't look suspicious. He immediately got inside the car and started his car engine.

"Are we there?" Taehyung woke up from his nap.

"No, but we're near. Here take this so you'll be fine." Jungkook gave him the plastic bag which contain the medicine for headaches and water.

"Thank you" Taehyung uttered with a cough in the end.

He take the medicine while Jungkook was driving the car. Jungkook curses under his breath when he saw a checkpoint on his way. He slowly drove to them and the police knocked on the window of his car motioning him to put down the window. Taehyung glanced nervously at Jungkook.

But when Jungkook was about to slide down his window, the police walkie-talkie suddenly rang.

"Okay, we're coming there."

The police responded to the walkie-talkie and motioned Jungkook to start driving. Taehyung sighed in relief and Jungkook drove away safely.

They arrived at the meeting place, Jungkook came out of the car first to get their belongings followed by Taehyung.

"Let's go" Jungkook told him not letting Taehyung carry bags anymore.

They walked inside the huge look-like factory but made and the place was so dark like in the horror movie. However, Taehyung felt something wrong in the surroundings. He can't help but notice how eerie the place was.

"Jungkook" Taehyung called Jungkook in a whisper tone.

"What?" Jungkook responded looking at him.

"Some—something is wrong here, can you feel it?" Taehyung spoke biting his bottom lip.

"It's nothing Taehyung, you're just nervous that's it." Jungkook said assuring him.

"No, Jungkook, I think this place is odd. Isn't this a setup or something?" Taehyung asked him.

"Namjoon hyung won't set up me, that's ridiculous." Jungkook retorted.

"I know, but—but I don't know. I don't think we're safe here." Taehyung stated.

"It must be because it's your first time doing this that's why you felt that kind of way. Believe me, I felt that too back then." Jungkook explained.

"No, Jungkook, I mean—"

Taehyung wasn't able to finish his sentence when he saw a red dot on Jungkook's forehead. He put his hand in his mouth and pointed at Jungkook's forehead with wide eyes.

Soon, the one red dot got more and more on Jungkook's body. The dark eerie place suddenly lit up when the light was turned on and the whole place was now can be seen.

The place was also become loud because of the heavy footsteps and metal clinking. Taehyung turned around and saw the FBI with some of the holding shields. What does he expect? Of course, his father was also there with them.

"Dad" Taehyung muttered with almost teary eyes.

"Jeon Jungkook, it's nice to meet you." Taeui smiled innocently.

"Why are you doing this?" Taehyung growled at him.

"I'm doing what's good for you, I'm here to save you, my son." Taeui replied.

"You're not saving me! You're humiliating me!" Taehyung said through his gritted teeth.

"Humiliating you? Does that guy brainwash you? Do you know that he is a criminal? He has a lot of records of killing people." Taeui stated.

"I know! I know that!" Taehyung retorted.

"Then why you are still going with him after knowing the truth? He's a dangerous person, Taehyung, you can't be with him. The only thing on his mind was money!" Taeui added.

"He's not a dangerous person, you are! He's the one saving me, not you!" Taehyung shot back angrily.

"I see, you must be experiencing Stockholm syndrome that's why you are trying to defend him, aren't you?" Taeui inquired.

"I'm defending him because he's innocent here! He didn't kidnap me or whatever shit you say to them to believe in you!" Taehyung yelled.

"I guess you want to see him dead, right, my son?" Taeui snickered.

"You are—"

"Kill him now" Taeui ordered the police.

"No! Don't do that! Please no! I'll do everything you want but please don't kill him! He didn't do anything to me, please have mercy, dad. Please don't kill him. It's all my fault, I'm so sorry." Taehyung begged with tears falling from his eyes.

Taeui motioned something to the police. Jungkook can't believe why Taehyung was doing that.

"Jeon Jungkook put your hands up!"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook feeling sorry and guilty.

"Please, follow them, I promise you they won't hurt you. I will help you, please forgive me, I'm so sorry." Taehyung sobbed.

"Why are you...."

Taehyung simply walked closer to him and cupped his cheeks.

"Thank you for everything, Jungkook. I'm really sorry, I ruined your life. I hope you will forgive me soon." Taehyung put his lips against Jungkook's lip.

Jungkook was surprised, he didn't expect this would happen. Taehyung pulled away, not realizing how surprised Jungkook was.

"We repeat, put your hands up!"

Jungkook put his hands up when he came back to his own senses while Taehyung cried.

"Kneel down!" The police added while slowly walking towards them.

Jungkook knelt on the ground and the police went behind him to cuff his hands.

"Jeon Jungkook, you are under arrest for kidnapping charges under the republic act of 1084. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"

The police stated while cuffing his hands. Jungkook didn't respond but he looked at Taehyung who was grabbed by his father. And the police take him out of the place.

"You will regret this, dad. I hate you so much." Taehyung glared at Taeui.

"Yeah? As if you can do something like this again. You already failed, Taehyung, you should give up now. That boy of yours is arrested, no one will help you anymore." Taeui grinned.

Taehyung's hands were balled in a fist and clenched his jaw due to his anger.