Chapter 16: What deal?

Taehyung still didn't come out of his room, even though his parents kept forcing him to go out. Taeui was frustrated with his attitude right now.

"Seriously, what do you want me to do, Taehyung? It's been a week now since you are acting like this. How long are you going to starve yourself?" Taeui chided him while he just sat on the bed, looking out the window.

He didn't respond to him, knowing it would be nonsense.

"Taehyung, son, can you please cooperate with me? You are just punishing yourself if you keep doing this." Taeui stated, looking at his son's situation.

"Just leave me alone, Dad. I want to sleep, I don't want to argue with you." Taehyung lay down on the bed, covering himself with the blanket, and turning his back to his father.

Taeui let out a frustrated sigh, pushing his hair to the back.

"Do you want to see him?"

The question that made Taehyung open his eyes. He clutched the blanket, biting his bottom lip.

"I'm asking you for the last time, Taehyung, do you want to see him?" Taeui asked him again.

"Will you allow me to do that?" Taehyung responded with a question.

"Yes, that's the only solution I can see for you to act properly again. I will let you see him if that makes you happy." Taeui stated.

Taehyung removed the blanket and looked at his father.

"Promise?" He inquired, extending his pinky finger.

Taeui internally giggled, his son was an adult yet had baby energy inside him.

"Promise."

Taeui connected his finger with his son.

"You should take a bath now, we will after you're done." He told Taehyung, ruffling his son's hair.

Taehyung nodded his head and quickly stood up from the bed to go inside his bathroom. Taeui shook his head and left Taehyung's room.

"Are you done?" He asked when he saw Taehyung coming downstairs.

"Yes, can we go now?" Taehyung responded.

"We have to make a deal first, Taehyung." Taeui uttered, looking at his son.

"What deal?" Taehyung inquired.

"You know that you are supposed to get married, right?" Taeui said.

"What's with that?" Taehyung swallowed hard.

"I want you to marry her..."

"But Dad, I don't want to." Taehyung retorted.

"You want to meet him, right? So do what I wanted you to do. If you marry her, I will let you do whatever you want, and I will help that person to get out of jail, but you have to promise me that you won't look for him, do you understand?" Taeui made the deal.

"Will you really help him?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes, but do you agree with my deal?" Taeui retorted.

Taehyung's hands fisted in a ball, trying to control his tears.

"Fine, if that's what you want, but make sure you will help him, okay? I will do that." Taehyung accepted the deal for Jungkook's sake.

"Sure, let's go." Taeui said and took his coat on the hook while Taehyung was following behind him.

They got out of the mansion to go to the van. Taehyung got inside first, followed by his father.

"Where are we going, sir?" The driver asked his boss.

"Seoul District Jail." Taeui responded while reading a newspaper.

The driver started to drive away from the house to go to jail. Once they arrived there, Taehyung couldn't help but feel nervous. It was his first time going to jail, and he didn't know why, but he was kind of scared to see Jungkook. After all, it was his fault that Jungkook ended up there.

"We're here, let's go now." Taeui told his son after the driver opened the door of the van for them.

Taehyung sucked a huge amount of confidence before going out of the van.

"Sir Kim, what made you come here?" The Chief of the Police saluted to Taeui.

"We're here to visit Jeon Jungkook, is it okay, Chief?" Taeui replied.

"Of course, sir, please follow me." The chief retorted.

Taeui glanced at his son, who nodded his head. They followed the Chief inside, and he leads them to one of the visiting rooms.

"Just get inside first, and I will call Jungkook." The Chief said.

And Taeui thanked the Chief before he leaves.

"Get inside now, I'll be waiting outside. You can take your time with him as long as you can." Taeui stated.

Taehyung hummed in response and went inside the room. He sat down on the chair while biting his bottom lip. Suddenly, the door opened, and saw Jungkook with two police beside him, and his hands were handcuffed. Their eyes met and Taehyung kept following Jungkook's eyes until he was brought in front of him, and one of his hands was handcuffed to the table.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked while looking at him.

"To visit you." Taehyung faintly replied.

"Thank you, but why are you thin? You look pale as well, what happened to you?" Jungkook inquired, noticing the drastically lose of Taehyung's body.

"Don't mind me, I'm fine. You remember that I told you, I will pay you back, right?" Taehyung uttered, staring at Jungkook.

"What's with that?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung swallowed hard to control his tears before he spoke.

"Dad promised me that he will help you to get out of here. That sounds enough, right?" Taehyung muttered.

"In exchange for what? I'm pretty sure he made some shitty deal." Jungkook grinned.

"Don't worry, it's none of your concern anymore. But, I would rather not do the deal, but I know I can't oppose him." Taehyung smiled sadly.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook wanted to know about the deal.

"I-I had to marry his friend's daughter, but how can I do that if I like you?"

Tears fell from Taehyung's eyes while looking at Jungkook.

"I know this isn't the right time to confess to you, but still, I'm sure I can't tell you my feelings for you anymore after this. I'm sorry if I become a burden to you, Jungkook. I know I shouldn't feel this feeling for you, but I can't help myself, I am seriously in love with you." Taehyung sobbed.

He wiped off his tears, but he gasped when he felt a hand on his nape and chappy lips against his. He just realized that Jungkook was kissing him.

Sad tears kept falling hoping this experience would last long, but he knows it was impossible to happen because this will be the end for both of them.