2: Flowers & Magic

PLANET ECHIVA

The Havoc Marauder descends onto the picturesque countryside of the magical planet Echiva. Eli is the first to disembark, his eyes widening as he takes in the breathtaking scenery that surrounds him. The vibrant colors of the trees, a mesmerizing mix of pink, blue, and green, remind him of the lush forests depicted in the animated movie Epic. Echiva, being a supposed fantasy planet, still manages to amaze him.

Noble, following behind Eli, can't help but notice the sense of wonder in the young Jedi's expression. She approaches him and asks with a smile, "Welcome to Echiva. Are you enjoying the view so far?"

Eli struggles to find words to describe his amazement. "It's... nice," he finally manages. The ethereal beauty of the planet leaves him nearly speechless.

Tech, always practical, consults his datapad. "The closest pond should be about ten kilometers from our current location."

Eli takes a step forward but pauses, his senses tingling with a foreboding presence. "Wait... something must have happened."

Noble's expression darkens as she acknowledges the unsettling feeling. Beside her, Dume also tenses, sensing the presence of the Empire.

Hunter, the pragmatic leader, addresses the growing concern. "This isn't good. We can't risk the Empire discovering Noble's presence, and now with Eli here temporarily, we must ensure his safety."

Dean, the newcomer, notes the strategic importance of Echiva's resources. "It's a no-brainer that the Empire is interested in this place. There are bacta ponds with moondrop lotuses, and they're highly valuable. The flowers are rarer than the bacta itself."

Tech, the logical thinker, elaborates, "That's correct. Bacta can be found on Thyferra as well, but moondrop lotuses are exclusive to Echiva."

Hunter makes a quick decision. "Then we should get there before the Empire depletes the last of the flowers. Tech, you mentioned it's ten kilometers away?"

Tech confirms, adjusting his goggles. "That is correct."

Hunter kneels down and places his hand on the ground. After a brief moment of concentration, he rises to his feet and gestures subtly to the left. "This way. Flash, Wrecker, you'll stay in the ship with Dume."

Dume looks up at Noble, his loth wolf eyes reflecting a mixture of affection and understanding. He rubs his head against her leg, and she affectionately pats him.

"Be good to Wrecker and Flash while I'm gone, okay?" she whispers to him.

The loth wolf responds with a happy yip, a promise to behave. With that, the group sets out on their mission, following Hunter's lead, determined to secure the precious moondrop lotuses before the Empire could reach them. Amber and Octavia run up to Noble's side, seeking to hear more about her knowledge of this place and to better understand this Force sensitive lady.

+++

Heading down the path provided, the group takes in the grim view of what the Empire has done to the once-vibrant environment. It's clear that in just the past two to three months, the lush forest that was once teeming with life had been slowly transformed into a desolate wasteland.

"It's so..." Omega murmurs beside Eli. "Empty..."

Dean chimes in with a somber agreement, "Yeah, it really is." He scans the barren landscape, wondering how anyone could allow such destruction to happen.

Noble can't help but sigh, her dissatisfaction with the situation evident. She wonders how her father could condone the devastation that now surrounds them.