4: Have a Future - Part 2

19 BBY | Month 9, Day 12-18

realization means that eventually, she will have to stay behind from missions, letting her husband go with the team. But will that truly stop this dedicated and fierce warrior? Probably not.

"WHAAAA--" AZI cries out from the main room outside. Hunter, seated at the bar, watches with amusement as Dume and Delvin chase the poor floating droid around. Leda emerges from the office, her face displaying curiosity.

Noble steps out, her eyebrows furrowing in response to the commotion. She's greeted by the scene of chaos and playfulness.

"I am not a chew toy!... gO aWaY! Bad DOG!" AZI pleads as Dume playfully grabs him, his tail wagging, while Delvin meows in amusement.

"Oh dear," Leda giggles at the adorable mayhem, sharing in the entertainment.

Noble makes her way to the center of the room, where the pets are engaged in their playful antics. "DUME, LET GO OF AZI!" She commands with laughter, her heart warmed by the amusing sight. "OH MY--"

"HELP MEEEEE!!!" AZI screams, his dramatics in full swing as he hovers off in slight distress.

"If I had a credit for how many times this is going to happen," Hunter mutters under his breath, his eyes twinkling with amusement. He intervenes by whistling, effectively bringing the chaos to an abrupt halt.

"Phew," Noble sighs in relief as AZI floats away, apparently unharmed but wary of his robotic limbs. "I should have known better than to provoke those pets," the droid mutters, a tinge of apprehension in his artificial voice.

ORD MANTELL | CID'S PARLOR...

Some hours pass, and Hunter, Octavia and Noble find themselves assisting Omega with her homework, a task assigned by Tech. They want to ensure that the young clone remains diligent in her studies. Noble, with her characteristic dedication, oversees Omega's progress, pleased with the child's focused efforts.

As they work together, a quiet conversation unfolds by the holo table. Cid, Amber, Flash, Echo, Tech, and Wrecker gather around, their voices hushed as they discuss a plan.

"Good. Then we're all in agreement," Cid whispers to the group, her eyes sparkling with a sly determination. "Now, all we gotta do is convince dark and broody."

Hunter, engrossed in his conversation with Noble, is subtly alerted to their discussion but remains focused on Omega's education.

"Convince me about what?" he inquires as he approaches the group, curiosity piqued. Noble maintains her position with the force sensitive Octavia, providing Omega with valuable information about Lambda and Delta shuttles.

"Uh, well, we took a vote--" Wrecker begins, stepping forward with a hint of sheepishness. "--And we wanna go after the war chest."

"Yeah," Amber appears from behind Wrecker. "Me and big sis want to go too."

Hunter listens attentively, briefly flashing an eye to his girlfriend. He suppresses a sigh at the notion of their little game to involve him in their plans. It's a battle of wits and determination, and this time, they want him on their side.

"It's unanimous. Even killjoy over here agreed," Cid adds, a mischievous smile dancing on her lips. She playfully jabs Echo's side as she refers to him as "killjoy." Flash enjoys the newfound nickname, calling him "Speeder."

Hunter's next question revolves around his concern for Noble. "What about Noble?" he asks, his eyes reflecting a mix of curiosity and unease.

"She was the first to agree," Cid reveals, crossing her arms as she asserts their commitment. "Of course, she would."